18

"And Luz said I should've asked Morton out and go to that carnival but I've never liked those kind of things, plus Eda told me things went crazy in there with Tibbles... Anyway, I don't know what to do."- y/n said.-"I like Lilith so much and I don't wanna make her feel frustated at her useless attemps to capture Eda cause let's be honest, she could never. But I don't like Morton that way, Luz acts like we're gonna get married and Eda is starting to suspect where I've been. Tell me what to do!"

"You made a good decision coming with the wise Hooty."- Hooty said happily like the girl wasn't about to have a mental breakdown.-" I know what you could do."

"What is it?"- she quicky asked.

"Hoothing!"-

"Hooting?"

"No, Hoothing. Means nothing."- he smiled.

"Hooty!"- she said angrily.-"I shouldn't have told you anything!"- she stood up.

"Wait y/n! My wise words makes sense, listen."-he started to explain.-" you said and I'll make sure that Lilith won't capture Eda here. You can keep dating her while Luz thinks you and Morton are dating, it won't hurt anyone and when Lilith gives up on that mission you can tell everyone the truth."

"It doesn't feels good, It feels like lying."- y/n sat at the floor again.-"but actually that's not a bad plan at all..."- dating Lilith secretly, she had been doing it for a long time. And if everyone thought she dated Morton instead they wouldn't question where she was.-" I'll try it Hooty. Thanks for listening."- she left before Hooty could reply.
____

"Hello Morton."- y/n smiled at the guy at the other side of the counter.

"Good afternoon y/n, how are you? Is Eda out of elixir again?"- he kindly asked.

"I'm great thanks, I just finished delivering some potions. Eda is not out of elixirs yet but I think it's better if I get a few for her, no one wants to deal with an owl beast."- that was a great excuse.

"You're right."- he smiled.-" you know no one's bought anything in a while, I'm gonna close up shop. I could accompany you to her house, is getting late."

"Sure. Thanks."- that's exactly what she expected. Luz, Eda and King will see them together, the next day she could go out with Lilith and no one would suspect. All fixed.
_____

"My first word was hoot. My second word was hoot-hoot. My third word-"- Hooty was talking to Gus while he wrote something on a notebook

"Hooty, you gotta stay on track here, buddy!"

"Is that a common thing?"- Morton asked y/n after they silently walked inside.

"Of course. You should talk to Hooty one day, he's very cool!"- y/n said. Morton wasn't sure about that

"You said nothing about shenanigans."- Luz was telling Willow before turning around and dramatically gasp at y/n and Morton.

"Oh my gosh I knew this day would come but I didn't expected it to be so soon. Eda look!"- y/n tried to smile at them hiding how uncomfortable she was.

"You're bringing a guy home!?"- Eda was beyond surprised, she thought it was all a joke.-"well I can't complain if it's him, he's a good boy."

Now was time for acting.

"Stop it! What will Morton think of that?"- she pretended to be nervous.-"don't listen to them, they fell from Eda's magic staff and hit their heads."- she told Morton who just laughed, he knew Eda very well.

"Morton offered to come with me because it was getting late."- y/n explained with a huge smile.

"Yes, I wouldn't let her get exposed at thiefs or scammers from the night market."- Morton told Eda, he didn't knew but he was playing a perfect part on y/n's play.

"Well thanks for your kindness, you wanna stay here for a while?"- Eda asked him as Luz was almost rolling in the floor from excitement, earning a confused look from Willow.

"I can't rigjt now but thanks Eda."- he opened the door where there was just Hooty alone.-"bye guys. Bye y/n"- he smiled and left after their goodbye.

"You better tell me everything now!"- Luz screamed and dragged y/n and Willow to her room.
____

A few days later y/n was waking back home after her usually potion delivers. She watched Amity and who she supposed were her siblings outside while Luz fought against some... Cats with human faces?

"What horrible thing are you doing?"- she asked.

"Y/n"- she ran to hug her.-" they're Ed and Em."- Luz introduced them.-" and I guess you remember Amity."

"How could I forget her."- she was really mean to Luz at the beginning and y/n still wasn't over that.

"It's nice to finally meet you, human."- Edric said smiling.

"I'm y/n."- she didn't called people there "witches'... But 'monsters'-she realized-... She couldn't complain.

"We know, Luz talks about you all the time."- Emira smiled too.

"Does she?"- y/n asked with a smile.-" well it's nice to meet you both too."

"My real fear... is that Eda thinks I'm too fragile to do this! And if she's right, I'll never be a real witch!"- Luz was telling Amity.

Edric and Emira looked at each other and drew a conjoined spell circle. A giant illusion of Eda rised from the ground and said-"you're inadequate."- while drawing a spell circle. Luz was put in a high chair with a bib that says 'weak baby.'

"I get it. Ditch the yellow."- Eda appared outside wearing a suit.-"is that supposed to be me?"-she looked at the illusion.-"Dang, I look great. Wait a sec. You're training to be Grom Queen!"

"So what if I am?"- Luz fell, the baby stuff dissapered and Eda started to argue with her.

"What's going on?"- y/n asked.

"She's facing Grom tonight, that means she'll be facing her worst fears."-King got outside and explained y/n.

"Oh you are so not doing that."- she walked to Luz.-" I won't let you. What if you get extremely trumatized or hurt? You're supposed to listen to me!"

"You're not my mom! I will face my fears tonight, and there's nothing you can do about it."- she pointed her finger at y/n and Eda.-"plus you should go see me defeat that grom, y/n. The snaggleback will be there, you can kidnap him and keep him as a pet."

"I'll go to make sure you're not in danger. And of course I'll stay with the snaggleback this time."- y/n said.

Amity placed a hand on Luz's shoulder.-"Luz, I don't think you're ready, but we're literally out of time."

"I'll take it!"

Luz didn't say she was actually doing it for Amity, she knew y/n would never allow it since she didn't like the girl very much.