22

"Oh you're in so so much trou-"- y/n started but Luz quickly interrupted her and grabbed her hand to run somewhere.

"We don't have time, you and Eda can punish me for disobeying later."- she dragged her behind Lilith and King. They stopped in front of a small platform.

"You can take this up to the stage where they're holding Edalyn."- Lilith said

"Thank you, Lilith. What will you do now?"- Luz asked her.

"I will stay in the emperor's coven, but I will make sure nothing like this ever happen again."

"Like you can actually do something about it."- y/n frowned.

"Wait, why are there no guards around?"- Luz said before a red tendril wrapped itself around Lilith, y/n and King pulling them down. They were dragged up near the ceiling before being suspended on the air while fires ignited below them, the emperor was sitting on his throne. At that moment y/n wished she had taken the key and not Luz.

"Ah, Lilith. You chose the wrong side."- and they were pulled upwards and forced into Eda's cage.

Lilith looked up.-"Hello, Edalyn."

"Lilith."- Eda looked at her.-"You hurt Luz. You cursed me. Before anything turns me to stone, I'll tear you apart." she raised her claw.

"No, don't!"- but King stepped in between them as Eda gasped.-"She was trying to help. She even betrayed the emperor for you! Right y/n?"

"What?"- Eda looked at y/n.

"I... Suposse she did."- she was angry but Lilith apparently betrayed the emperor after all wanting to heal Eda and maybe she knew how to get out of the cage too.

"If I knew something like this would happen, Edalyn, I-"- Lilith was interrupted by the petrification machine beggining to glow. A bolt of green energy directs itself to the cage. Eda dived in front taking the full brunt of the blast of magic. Y/n sighed and turned, she didn't want to see that, she felt like a loser in every single way, she couldn't protect Luz or save Eda, not even take care of the red demon for more than a week because they were about to die in there.

But suddenly some vines rocked the machine to the side, stopping it. Eda screeched falling to the ground, she was nearly completely stone.

"Wh-what do we do?!"- King told y/n.

"The spell wasn't completed! Maybe I can help her fight it!"- Lilith said and so she did, maybe y/n was kinda mean when she insulted her powers.

The cage disappeared and Luz ran to Eda.-"Eda! Are you okay?"-the stone receded from Eda's body.

"As good as I'll ever be."- y/n smiled at that. Guards, holding spears, closed in on them. Eda flinged Luz and King onto her back.-"Let's fly."- Lilith and y/n got on, Luz and King in between them.
____

They landed in front of the owl house.

"Don't worry, Eda. I'll run and get you some elixir and-"- Luz started.

"No, human. No amount of elixir can heal her now. Oh, sister."- Lilith cupped Eda's face.-"I should have done this a long time ago."- she put their foreheads together.-"With this spell declared, let the pain be shared."

They started to glow and float. Luz shielded King from the light, y/n just covered her eyes. and when they landed again Eda was back to normal.

"Eda!"- Luz and King ran to hug her. Y/n watched how one of each of their eyes has turned gray, Lilith had a streak of gray hair now while Eda had a streak of white hair and her gem was still black.

Y/n slowly walked towards Eda after she let go Luz and King. Still procesing everything they experienced in less than 24 hours. -"I'm so glad you're fine Eda."- she hugged her and kissed her cheek.-"you too, Lilith."- Lilith awkwardly smiled and they looked at each other.

"Can you still do magic?"- Luz asked. Eda traced a spell circle, which disintegrated.

"That's a no. It'll take some time to get used to this."

"I feel that I've been weakened as well."- Lilith said.

"It's okay. I can teach you what I know, and what we don't know, we can learn together."- Luz put a light glyph in Eda's hand. She activates and the it floated into the night sky.

"Thanks, kid."- she pulled Luz into a hug.-"I look forward to that."
______

"So I had to destroy the portal."- y/n heard as she headed downstairs at the next day, her eyes widened at that and she ran to the kitchen.

"You destroyed it!?"- she yelled scaring Luz who was talking to Eda and Lilith.

"Y-yes I had to y/n, the emperor was going to kill Eda plus that was the only way to keep the human realm safe."- Luz was expecting y/n to understand and not over react.

"Safe from what? Magic doesn't work there! My life is such a disgrace! We're stuck in here!"- Luz expected too much.-"what should I do now?"- she started to pace back and forth.

"Don't worry y/n, we'll found a way of make a new portal."- Eda put her hands on the human's shoulders stopping her.

"A new portal? Us?"- she bit her tongue to not remind her how they were just two humans and two powerless witches.

"Yes, don't worry. I'll read a lot of books to make it"- Luz was nervous.-" please don't be mad at me."- y/n looked at her remembering she was talking to Luz.

She sighed.-"I understand. I know we'll find a solution somehow."- she lied, she was terrified but Luz didn't deserve to feel worse, she had to pass through a lot already and she was just a kid. So y/n smiled and hugged her.

"Yes! See? We did it! I'm so glad I pushed you back into the portal."- Luz hugged her back.

Y/n remembered.-"right! You did, you're in trouble for that. You completely invalidated my words and-"

"Uhm I have to go now. See you later!"- Luz told them and quickly ran out of the house.

"Well no portal means no human stuff."- Eda said.-" I'm not sure if we can affort living only by selling potions and elixirs."- that just made y/n feel worse. The portal not only was important for them but for Eda.-"We should find something else to do."

"I will help you with anything, Edalyn."- Lilith said. Eda smiled and nodded.

"How can you just accept this? Our lifes are simply ruined, you both have no powers."- y/n frowned.-"me and Luz are stucked here! Her life was my responsibility, I got distracted for a second and she almost became nothing."

"I know."- Eda started.-"this is not easy for us either but you can't drown in the negative stuff y/n, Luz is fine."

"And I'm thankful Eda, I owe you my life for saving her but this is not fine, what I'm gonna do when the emperor decides to destroy her as she did with that portal?"

"You're not alone, we're here too and none of us would allow that jerk to get close to her. You know I won't."- Eda sounded confident, but she had no magic now, all for saving Luz.

She frowned and decided to leave before saying something she could regret later.- "I know, thanks. I'll go to see Morton, he must be worried."- she walked to the door.

"Fine, bring some extra elixirs."- Eda told her.
______

"By sharing the curse they both need to drink the elixirs."- Morton was explaining y/n after hearing the story.-"now Eda's sister can turn into a beast too."

"That's horrible."- y/n replied.-"did this dangerous demon caused you any trouble?"- she refered at the snaggleback which was hugging her, happy to see she was fine.

"His behavior is exceptionaly good, I wasn't expecting it."- Morton smiled.

"You have a lot to learn about demons."- y/n smiled again looking at him.