24

"You look pretty."- y/n said looking at Lilith.

"Thank you."- she simply replied looking at her t-shirt. Y/n thought the low battery printed on it kinda suited their mood, everyone's mood except maybe Hooty.

"Luz and Eda will be really busy today hunting some creature called 'garlog'. We could go somewhere else too."- y/n walked to Lilith.

"I don't feel like going anywhere right now."

"You've been the whole week inside, Lilith."-y/n whispered.

"I know but I'm going to help Edalyn to take those.... Creatures to the market tomorrow."

"Y/n!"- Eda opened the door.-"you're going to the market to get more elixirs, the ones you brought last time are not enough."- she said and left.

Y/n frowned.-"no asking nor 'please'."- she complained.

"You shouldn't go alone maybe I could-."- Lilith was frowning.

"Don't worry, the snaggleback will go with me, he loves to go there."- y/n quickly replied, she didn't want Lilith there saying rude things to Morton, he was helping them a lot with the extra amount of elixirs Eda needed lately.

"Fine, do whatever you want."- and she left. Y/n just rolled her eyes.
_____

After going to the market King and the snaggleback went to the playground so y/n sat outside to ask for advice from Hooty.

"I just don't know, I understand Lilith feels bad but she's like a whole different person now."-y/n

"Hoot-hoot. I can see, the curse made her look older."-Hooty replied.

"Hooty! What if she hears you?"- y/n frowned.-" she looks good, did you see her pretty eyes? Her hair looks pretty too."- she smiled.-"but she's like... good and depressed, not mean and confident."

"Just give her more time to adapt y/n. Meanwhile you could explain everyone Morton and you are good friends, nothing else."- Hooty smiled. Everything sounded so easy when he said it.

"I know. But what should I say?
'I'm not dating Morton, I just made you all believe that lie. All the time I was actually hugging Lilith's waist feeling like flying, plus we've been secretly kissing for a whole week, not as often as I wished but anyway, I still don't know if it really means something to her or not.'"- y/n thought about it.-"Eda would kill me."- she concluded looking at the ground.

"It sounds good for me."- y/n's eyes widened at Lilith's voice.-" except for the last part, we need to talk about that now."- she hated Hooty for not telling her to shut up before. She stood up and turned.-" I'll wait for you at your room."

"Hooty! You betrayed me!"- she dramatically pointed at him after Lilith was gone.

"I'm just helping you, ungrateful child. One day you'll thank me for all this."- Hooty could be dramatic too.
_____

"I'm sorry Lilith."- y/n said while she closed the room's door.-"I know it's still too soon for-"

"Stop, it's not soon."- Lilith didn't let her finish.-" just to make things clear, everything we do means something to me. You mean something to me."- she standed in front of y/n and sighed.-"I wish I had accepted to go somewhere else before to make this more special."

"Really?"- y/n was nervous, she wasn't sure what Lilith would say next, ot maybe she did, but not how to react.

"At the beginning, I didn't know why you wanted to know me but I didn't care about the reasons."- Lilith started to explain.-"or about you."

"Wow, thanks."

"Shh let me finish."- she frowned and continued.-"I liked to teach you about the isles, I liked to learn about your realm and suddenly I liked your bothersome questions, you, the way you looked at me. I realized it when you kissed my cheek for the first time, do you remember?"

"Of course I do."- y/n smiled, she could never forget it.

"I liked to be with you."-Lilith continued.-"just me and you. And the way you were interested in everything I said, and your hugs and our kisses... I think it's not soon to say how much I like you y/n, I'd like to keep doing all that kind of things."- Lilith looked at her eyes.

"I do too Lilith, I like everything about you and I tried so hard to be obvious."- y/n cupped Lilith's face.-" so if you think it's not too soon... Would you like to oficially go out with me?"

"Of course I do."- Lilith smiled as y/n kissed her forehead, then the tip of her nose and then her lips.
_____

"I can't believe this!"- Luz said after hearing the story.-"all this time you've been seeing each other! And you never liked Morton? You didn't know Lilith was gonna use me to capture Eda right!? What about Jordan? Are you over him? Are you going back to the human realm or staying here? Isn't there like... A huge age gap in between you both?"

"Wow, you're just like me."- y/n said after hearing Luz's hundred questions.

"Dad and aunt Carmen did the same, remember? It's like a family thing."- she rolled her eyes and y/n thought about her mom and uncle, they did talked a lot too.-"now answer."- Luz looked at Lilith even though none of her questions were for her.

"Well."- but Lilith started to answer.-" yes, we've been dating for some time now. Obviously y/n was never attracted to that guy and capturing you was never on my plans I told you, remember? It was... Spontaneous, I'm so sorry about that."- she looked down.

"Jordan who?"- y/n answered the rest.-"there's no portal by now so we're staying but of course one day we'll have to go back and explain everything. And the age gap... Mmh you're just over reacting, it's not huge and who cares about that."- y/n finished to look at Eda who had been in silence the whole time.

Luz shruged.-"I didn't expect this but as long as you're happy it's fine by me."- she kissed y/n's cheek and ran to hide in the kitchen dragging King with her to see Eda's reaction.

"Edalyn."- Lilith started.-" I know this isn't something you want to hear in this moment."

"Oh you think!? Listen girls, I need time to get used to your.... relationship."- she frowned.-"I have bigger problems now than my older sister dating a very young human."- she looked at y/n then-"but I have to admit I didn't expect you to get this far."

"Thanks... I didn't either."- y/n was confused, she thought Eda would have a terrible reaction but maybe it was just the right time to tell them. Bigger problems made their relationship look like something irrelevant for everyone.
_______

"I feel so much better."- Lilith whispered lying on y/n's bed where the red demon jumped to sleep on her lap.

"I think I do too, Eda wasn't mad at us, Luz even kissed my cheek and King... It was like he wasn't even there."- y/n closed the door and turned the lights off before silently lie beside Lilith.

Even if Eda accepted their thing, she wouldn't be happy to see them sleep together at her house which was fair, but Lilith just automatically walked inside and y/n would never told her to leave. They weren't doing anything else anyway.

"I think he already knew."- Lilith said after thinking about it.

"But how? You think the snaggleback told him? This traitor!"- or maybe Hooty- y/n thought.

"No! Shh you'll wake him up and all the others too."- Lilith caressed y/n's lips with her fingers.-"I don't think I was fast enough to get away from you when King saw us for the first time... Or the second. And almost all of our dates started at the playground, where he spends most of his time."- Lilith explained.

"Aw, 'our dates'"- y/n smiled. -"that sounds so cute. I seriously can't believe this, you're like a diamond and I'm just... Coal covered in peanut butter."

Lilith frowned at that.-" What? You always use such rare human comparisons."

"Lilith I'll never approve how you risked Luz's life and I should hate you but I'm so happy to be with you right now."- y/n ignored Lilith's confusion and kissed her instead.

And Lilith was happy too, maybe this new life wasn't that bad, at least not at that moment when she felt like inside a bubble surrounded just by silence and darkness and kisses.