five. negotiations.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter five.
—— BRADY'S POV ⚽️

꒰ 🌿 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

I KICKED the soccer ball as hard as I could into the net, scoring on my teammate who was currently playing goalie.

I was pissed off, and my teammates could tell.

"Dude, what happened to you?" Connor asks, and I shake my head.

"Not your problem, Connor." I mumble, and he grabs my shoulder.

"Brady, you can't keep this shit bottled." Connor grits, and I roll my eyes. "You have to tell someone what's going on in your life, no matter who it is. You could tell Amiya for all I care, but it has to be somebody."

Amiya? Really? That's who he chose to use as an example?

"Fuck off, Connor. I'm fine." I mumble as we get to the front of the line and shoot once more.

After I shoot the ball, I head back to the back of the line so we can go through again. Connor nudges me and I look to the side to see Miya sitting on the bleachers, and she's pretty far away so I can't tell exactly what she's doing, but she's either writing or reading.

I clench my jaw at the sight of her, immediately looking away after spotting her.

"Noon, you need to fix that attitude or you're gonna do sprints. Coach hates when we act like assholes." Lucas hits my shoulder lightly.

"I get it, assholes! Get off my case, good lord!" I shout, and both of them back off.

Amiya's words from this morning replay in my head. No, Brady. My favorite color is yellow, my favorite animal is a cheetah, and I hate soccer because you play it.

Nothing hurt me as bad as those words did. She hates soccer because of me. I may not like her much anymore either, but hating a whole sport just because of her would've been crazy for me. Does she hate me that much?

We switch drills and start to scrimmage. My anger is still coursing through me, so I sort of forget to go easier on my teammates than I would in an actual game.

"Brady! Calm the fuck down before you hurt someone!" Connor shouts, and I give him a look.

"Fuck. Off. I'm fine, Connor."

"No, you're fucking not! You're being too aggressive, you asshole." Connor pushes my shoulder.

"Cut it out, Connor." I spit, and he sends me a warning look.

Coach blows the whistle at us and motions for me to follow him to the side. Well look what this fucker got me into now.

"You gotta cut this asshole shit out or you're benched, Noon. You're bringing your team down with you. Whatever unsolved shit you have you can deal with after practice." Coach says sternly, and I nod as I sign angrily. "Practice is over, just head to the locker room and everyone else will join you in a minute."

I nod once more, walking towards where the locker room is. As I pass the bleachers, Miya gets up and hurries over to my vicinity, but I'm walking pretty quickly and she can't really catch up.