twenty two. asking.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter twenty two.
—— BRADY'S POV ⚽️

꒰ 🌿 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

I WAS insanely nervous to see Miya today, since I had gotten the necklace and ring delivered last night and I was planning to ask her to prom when I saw her. I had decided on a poster and had it in my locker so that it wouldn't be too obvious that I was asking someone.

"Bray!" Amiya says happily as she approaches me. "Guess what I saw on the way to school!"

"What did you see, dove?" I smile at her excitement.

"I saw ducklings! A mommy duck and her 3 kids were walking along the lakeside together, it was so cute, B!" She fawns over the sighting.

"A mommy duck?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at her choice of language.

"Shut up. An adult duck and her child ducks." She deadpans, but her face lights up again as she pulls up a picture. "Look how cute!"

"They're very cute, Miya." I say softly, and she smiles at me.

I remember my poster and I begin to get a little nervous again, but I don't make it obvious.

I grab the poster out of my locker and make direct eye contact with Amiya.

"Dove, can I ask you something?" I ask seriously, and she nods.

"Of course, B! What's up?" She replies.

I unroll the poster, standing far enough back where she can read it. Her eyes widen, and she gives me a look.

"I thought we were already going together? Since we're still fake-together for the public?" She seems confused.

"Uh... I was wondering if you wanted to go as my date. Like... for real. Not as a fake thing." I mutter, and she smiles excitedly.

"Really? Like, romantically?" She questions, stepping closer to me in excitement.

"Y—Yeah. If that's alright." My face heats up a little.

"Of course!" She squeals, pulling me in for a hug. "I would love to go with you, Bray!"

I sigh in relief. "That's good."

I set down the poster and grab the small bag that has the necklace and ring in it, and I hand the bag to her.

"B? What's this?" She asks, "you didn't need to get me a gift."

"I wanted to!" I reason, and she gives me a look.

I run a hang through my hair as she carefully opens the bag, and her eyes light up at the sight of the jewelry pieces.

"Brady, oh my God!" She squeals, wrapping her arms around me for another hug. "You're the absolute best. I love you so much."

"I'm glad you like it, dove." I mutter into her neck, and she pulls away and turns around, handing me the necklace.

"Put it on me!" She says excitedly, "please."

I smile as I take the necklace from her, carefully placing it around her neck and clasping it.