sixteen. the plan.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter sixteen.
—— AMIYA'S POV 🧩

꒰ 🍪 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"I BELIEVE you." Lucas mutters, and my head whips up to look at him.

"You do?" I ask skeptically, and he nods.

"I don't trust Reid or Hunter for a second, and I know you well enough to know this wouldn't come out of the blue." Lucas says softly as he sits down next to me on the floor. "What happened?"

I can't tell him, can I? Reid will tell Brady my secret and he'll hate me... I mean he already does so what will him telling Brady even do anyways?

Do I wanna risk it?

"Uh..." fuck it. "Reid and Hunter blackmailed me with a secret... so that i'd do what they wanted. They wanted to break me and Brady up. It worked, obviously. They forced me to be absolutely awful to him, and then they made me hit him... I just— I hate myself, Lucas. How could I do that to Brady?"

More tears begin to fall, and his eyes widen.

"No no no, please don't cry. I'm sorry for asking! I don't know how to handle crying girls." He panics, "well I have a plan to fix this. I'd assumed you'd been forced or something like that."

"What if we fail? What if I can't get him back..." I sob, and he hugs me.

"Don't say that. I can do basically anything, Amiya." Lucas jokes, causing me to laugh through my tears.

"What's the plan?" I ask, and he turns to face me completely

"You're gonna go talk to Reid. You gotta record the conversation on your phone though. So that we have proof." He explains, and my eyes light up.

"Oh my gosh that's so smart!" I smile, and he smiles back.

"In the meantime I'm gonna try to calm him down a little, because he literally told me and Connor that if you come within 50 feet of him he's gonna end up either punching something or crying, so..." Lucas mutters, and my smile falls.

I hate that I hurt him. He's the sweetest boy I've ever met and I hurt him.

"I can just try to stay away for a little..." I mumble, and he shakes his head.

"No! No. You can't." He sounds panicked, and I'm confused why. But I nod anyways.

I get up to go find Reid, even though I really don't want to. I find him at his locker... with Hunter.

"Damn, you miss me or something?" Reid jokes, and I smile sarcastically at him as I hit record on my phone.

"No, just wanted to ask something." I say in a faux-nice tone. "Can I talk to Brady now?"

"Yeah, but good luck with that. After what I made you do he probably hates you." Reid snickers, and I try to not slap him.

"I know he does, but I just had to ask since..."

"Since you don't want me to tell him your little secret, huh?" He smirks, and I nod. "Well fine. You can talk to your lapdog now, but if you mention the blackmail, I'm telling him. And everyone else."