twenty six. i love you.

.                      𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
.                       chapter twenty six.
                 —— AMIYA'S POV 🧩

                ꒰ 🍪 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"MIYA, YOU won't miss anything! Please follow me, I promise you'll think it's worth it!" Lucas begs.

"Fine," I sigh. "You better pray I think this is worth it, or I'm not gonna be happy."

"Oh you'll like it." He says surely, leading me out of the back doors and down to a field.

"Lucas, I can't just—"

"Yes you can, you'll survive. Just trust me!" He deadpans, and I give him a look.

"Lucas," I warn, and he raises his hands in defense. "Please! Brady will kill me if I don't make you do this."

"Brady? He's involved in this?" I ask, and he nods.

"His idea." Lucas explains. "Now cmon! He can't wait all day, he'll die of nervousness."

"Okay then..." I mumble, and we approach a picnic blanket, which Brady is sitting on fidgeting with his hands nervously.

"Bray? What's this for?" I ask, and he smiles when he sees me.

"You'll see, dove." He says softly, inviting me to take a seat on the blanket next to him.

I turn back to say something to Lucas, but he's gone. It's just me and Brady.

"So... you know how we went to prom together, and you kissed me the other day, and we've gotten extremely close recently?" Brady asks hesitantly, and I nod.

Crap, is he gonna let me down slowly? I should've been more careful with my feelings.

"I've kinda wanted to say this for a little while but I wasn't sure how you'd react... but xoch convinced me this would go well; so if it doesn't and we never speak again... It's her fault." He blurts.

I raise an eyebrow as I laugh a little at his rambling.

"Go ahead, B. You know you can tell me anything." I comfort, and he nods.

"Miya," he says softly. "I love you."

"I know you do, B. We say it all the time." I laugh, and he shakes his head.

"No, dove. I love you. Romantically." He emphasizes, and my eyes widen.

"You— you do?" I ask, not expecting to hear that from him.

"Of course I do." He smiles at me. "You're an amazing person, you treat everyone with kindness and respect even if you hate them. You're nice to everyone you meet, you're absolutely gorgeous and I wouldn't trade a second with you for any amount of time with anyone else. You're my entire world, dove. I think I've always loved you. Ever since you came up to me and apologized for accidentally hitting me in the face with that silly little jump rope at recess, I've loved you."

My eyes water as he speaks, and he continues even after the fact.

"You're my absolutely favorite person in the entire world and I've loved you endlessly. Even if you favorite color, favorite animal, and the reason you hate soccer all changed because of me, I love you. I would do anything you asked me to do at any time, no matter what and no matter the consequences. If you don't feel the same way, I—" he swallows nervously. "Well... I'll let you love whoever you want and I'll support from the sidelines, because I can't bare to live without you for even a day."

"Bray..." I try to blink back my tears. "I love you too."

I gently grab his face and kiss him. He eagerly reciprocates the gesture, his hands resting on my waist.

When we pull back from the kiss, he rests his forehead against mine as we both laugh.

"I'm so glad you feel the same." He whispers. "So so glad."

A tear falls down my cheek and he wipes it with his thumb.

"Don't cry, pretty girl. I know you're happy but I hate seeing you cry." He mumbles, and I nod.

"I'm sorry, I just— I'm so happy." I laugh, kissing him lightly once more.

"Be my girlfriend?" He asks, and I pretend to hesitate.

"Hm... I dunno, I—"

"Miya, so help me I will throw you into the lake." He threatens, and I laugh.

"Of course, Bray. Of course I'll be your girlfriend." I answer, and he smiles before kissing me again.

"I've waited so long to kiss you for real, dove. You don't even know." He pants, interlocking his fingers with mine. "God, you have me whipped, Miya."

"Good, can't have you abandoning me." I joke, and he shakes his head at me.

"I could never, even if I wanted to." He admits. "Connor called it from the beginning... who would've thought I'd fall for you?"

"Certainly not us two." I snort, and he nods.

"I never would've guessed a month ago that I'd be in love with you, but I'm so happy I am." He mutters. "You're my perfect girl, Miya."

I blush a little at his words. "You're my perfect boy."

All along I'd been convincing myself I hated him, when in reality I'd just been in love and hurt... sometimes I guess the next time someone tries to convince me to make up with my best friend, I'll listen sooner.

JENNA SPEAKS!

JENNA SPEAKS!

that concludes convince me!! Thank you all so so much for reading and I hope you all enjoyed it. I know this is a shorter chapter, but I didn't have much else left for these two.

I'd you wanna continue to read in this universe and see Quinn and Connor's story, go check out Think Later!

I'm so glad I got to write these two and their journey, and I'm so glad you read it! I hope you all loved them as much as I do, and while it's hard to end it, it's their time and I'm excited to move on to new projects!

Once again, I love you all so much and thank you for reading!! Catch you in the next fic! <3 (I hope!)