eighteen. exposed.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter eighteen.
—— AMIYA'S POV 🧩

꒰ 🍪 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

TW: MENTIONS OF ANOREXIA

"AWH, DID you make up with your little boyfriend? How sweet." Reid smirks as he walks in, and immediately brady is glaring at him.

"Want me to punch you again?" Brady threatens, and Reid raises his hands in defense.

"I'm not here to fight you, just to deliver some information." Reid says calmly. "Amiya's little secret. She broke our deal."

"Reid—" I start.

"Shut it." He grits, and I nod.

"No! Miya don't listen to that asshole! He shouldn't have this control over you." Brady shouts. "If she doesn't want me to know the secret then I don't want to know."

"It's either you know or the rest of the school." Reid smirks, and I sigh.

"Just... tell brady, I guess." I mumble.

"Amiya has anorexia. Hunter figured it out during their relationship and never spoke up." Reid tells Brady, and his head whips to me.

"Dove..." he whispers, "why didn't you tell me? I could've helped you."

"It's not your problem to deal with..." I mumble, and he shakes his head.

"Don't invalidate yourself. It is my problem because it's your problem. I will always want to help you." He says sternly, and I nod hesitantly.

"Seriously? You don't think she's... weird for that?" Reid scoffs, and brady's face hardens.

"No, I don't. I'm not like Hunter, you asshole." He spits. "How about you go before I knock your teeth out."

Reid listens, walking out after Brady's threat. Brady grabs my hands, making intense eye contact with me.

"Amiya, how long have you had anorexia for?" He asks, and I shrug.

"I was diagnosed last year but I think I'd had it since I was like 14. I never really ate much, if at all. At first I blamed it on just not being hungry, but I found some... thrill in trying to be skinner. It... I don't know, B." I explain, getting quieter at the end.

"I'll help you." He mutters comfortingly. "Never be insecure about your body, dove. You're absolutely beautiful. Every inch of you."

I blush, muttering a thank you to him as I avoid eye contact with him, but I'm not really sure I believe him.

"You need me to prove it? I will worship you until it gets through your head, dove." He says sternly. "I mean... in a platonic way."

Right... platonic. Because that's how we feel about each other.

I'd be lying if I said Brady wasn't attractive. Standardly. I don't... I don't think I see him that way, do I? I mean, I don't really mind kissing him anymore, but I don't think I enjoy it, exactly.