thirteen. realization.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter thirteen.
—— BRADY'S POV ⚽️

꒰ 🌿 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"B, ARE you sure you're okay with watching this? I know you don't like cheesy romcoms." Amiya asks skeptically, and I nod.

"I'm sure, dove. I told you to pick whatever you wanted to watch and this is what you chose, I get to pick the next movie, so I don't mind." I reassure, and she smiles excitedly as she presses play and cuddles to my side.

When did she get so comfortable with me again?

I'm not complaining, I love that she's willing to act how we used to when we were best friends before, but i'm a little confused with my own feelings. When she's too close to me I get flustered and sometimes her words give me butterflies.

That's never happened with Amiya before. I told Connor, which probably wasn't a great idea because he already thought I liked Miya, and I basically confirmed it for him, even though that's not what I said.

I told him I've been feeling odd around Miya, and he immediately came to the conclusion that I'm in love with her. Which I don't think is the case. Sure, she's absolutely beautiful, hilarious, fun to be around, has an amazing personality, and I would prefer if she doesn't go within 50 feet of a guy who's interested in her, but that doesn't mean I like her.

I definitely like her, holy shit.

"Bray?" Miya whispers, and I snap out of my thoughts, turning to her.

"Yeah, dove?" I reply, and she grabs my arm, placing it over her shoulder.

"Wasn't comfortable. Is this alright?" She asks, and I nod.

"Of course, Miya." I smile, and she smiles back.

God, she's so pretty.

"Okay." She mumbles into my chest as she wraps her arms around my torso.

Is she trying to make me fall in love with her? Jesus Christ...

We watch the movie... or more so she watches the movie. I have absolutely zero clue what's going on in it, I'm just pretending to pay attention because she wants me to.

What I'm really paying attention to is the sound of her breath that's practically in my ear, and the feeling of her arms hugging me as she watches.

She randomly pushes herself closer to me, which I didn't even know was possible since we were already sitting pretty close.

Connor and Quinn walk in, and I pray silently that he doesn't make any smart remarks, because it'll probably cause Miya to stop being so close to me.

"Aw, look at the happy couple." Connor says sarcastically, and I feel like strangling him.

I send him a what the hell, dude! look and he just smirks at me. That fucking asshole.

"Oh shut up, Connor." Miya mumbles, sitting up and scooting away from me.

Murder Connor is now at the top of my bucket list.