twelve. photo dumps.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter twelve.
—— AMIYA'S POV 🧩

꒰ 🍪 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

"DOVE, ARE you gonna post the pictures on Instagram today or tomorrow? Because I'll do the same day as you so it's coordinated." Brady asks, and I think about it.

"I'll post them in a little. I'll just do a photo dump of the past few days if that's fine?" I reply, and he nods.

"Of course." He smiles, and I go back to petting Bailey.

We'd met up after school today because I was struggling in math, and Brady did well in the class last year, so he's going to help me out on my homework. Pros of your best friend being the year above you.

Although we're different grades, I've noticed both of us refer to our falling out as being freshman year, even though it was his sophomore year.

"Volleyball starts up soon, you gonna come to any games?" Brady asks, and I nod.

"I'd love to go to your games, B. You'll be happy to know I actually know what's going on in the game now!" I say excitedly, and he smiles at me.

"Good." He slides my paper back over to me. "Try this problem, it's one of the easier ones."

I groan at the reminder of math. "Bray, do I have to?"

"Yes, dove. You have to get a good grade on this test." He says softly, handing me my pencil.

I attempt the problem, showing him the paper when I finish, and he nods. My face lights up.

"Really? I got it right?" I question excitedly, and he laughs softly as he nods.

"Yeah. You did, Miya. Good job." He compliments, making my smile grow. "Will you try a harder problem now?"

My smile falters. "What? I thought I was done now."

"You have like half of the sheet left, dove. You gotta complete it so you can get your grade up." He explains, and I groan.

"Cant you do it for me, Bray?" I beg, and I know he doesn't like making me upset, so he hesitates.

"I... dove, I really can't. You have to know this for your own benefit." He says softly, and I frown.

"Please, B! I won't tell you to stop making fun of Connor for a whole week." I plead, and I see his resistance crumbling. "Please!"

"Miya..." his mutters, "I don't know."

"Please! It'll take you like 3 seconds. I'll love you forever?"

"You already do." He jokes, "but fine, I guess. I'll do most of it, but do one more for me?"

I sigh, accepting his deal and doing one more problem.

He smirks as I slide the paper to him, and he shows me the other side is empty and I just completed the entire thing.

"Brady Noon!" I shout, "you're a— a liar!"