ten. friends.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter ten.
—— BRADY'S POV ⚽️

꒰ 🌿 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

"DUDE, STOP freaking out, you'll be fine. Quinn really likes you already." Lucas reiterates to Connor.

"I know, but I really want her to like this." Connor mumbles, and I pat his shoulder.

"Miya said she'd like it, so I'm sure she will. Miya knows her really well." I comfort, and he doesn't seem convinced.

"You thought you knew Miya but all her favorite things have changed." Connor points out.

"Rude," I mutter, not having the empathy to calm his nerves anymore, even thought I'm one thousand percent sure Quinn will say yes to him, even if the proposal is lame.

"Wait!" Connor grabs my forearm. "You gotta occupy Amiya after Quinn gets dropped off so she isn't all up in our business because I know she'll try to be."

"Why should I help you after you insulted me?" I ask, and he rolls his eyes.

"Please, bro. Plus you'll get to hang out with Amiya. Just like... take her to our house. I'm sure Bailey would have fun seeing her again. And you guys are like friends again, right?"

I sigh. I wouldn't mind trying to get closer with her again. "Fine, you whipped motherfucker, I'll hang out with Amiya so she'll stay away from you two."

"Thanks!" He smiles, "Lucas, you're on Skylar duty."

"What? Why!" He protests.

Connor gives him a look. "Because you're literally her lapdog. I'm sure she wouldn't be a fan to hear that you don't wanna hang out with her?"

His eyes widen and his cheeks go a little pink. "Fine, just... don't say anything to her."

"Roger that, Luke." Connor jokes, and I snort a little.

"You're both annoying," he mumbles, "I could easily spread any rumor I wanted about you two jerks."

"You won't though." I point out, and Connor nods in agreement. "You'd lose brownie points for being friends with the drama."

The car with Quinn and Amiya in it pulls up and I grab Amiya's wrist, pulling her with me to my car almost immediately after she gets out of her car.

"I— Bray! Let me go, I wanna see Connor ask her!" She protests, but I shake my head.

"No can do, Miya. Connor doesn't want anyone else around." I say teasingly, and she frowns, but accepts my explanation.

"Ugh, fine." She groans, and I laugh as we get into my car. "Wait, my car!"

"I'll bring you back to get it later, Miya, don't worry about it. Connor and Quinn are nearby so it'll be okay." I assure, and she nods.

I drive us to my house, playing a few songs I know she likes. I should play Saturn.

I quickly turn on Saturn, and her face lights up.