twenty. arguments.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter twenty.
—— BRADY'S POV ⚽️

꒰ 🌿 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"WHAT'S YOUR plan for asking Miya to prom? Usually you don't do this sorta thing."  Connor acknowledges, and I shrug.

"I'm just gonna like... make her a poster and ask her at school probably." I answer.

"Really? Lame. Do something big, Miya and you have known each other forever." Connor deadpans, and I raise an eyebrow.

"You think she would like something like that?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"I mean, I dunno. She seems to like gifts. You used to get her them all the time and she loved it." Connor reminds, and I nod.

"Maybe I can get her something when I ask. I saw a necklace the other day that she'd love." I smile, and Connor nods.

"That's good. I'm trying to get her to be more comfortable around me again because I do wanna be her friend, but I think she thinks I only speak to her because of Quinn, which isn't at all true." Connor rambles, and I pat his shoulder encouragingly.

"Don't worry about it, Connor. I'm sure if you talk to Miya she'll come around."

"I hope. Quinn and me have been arguing like every three hours and I hate it." He sighs, "you think Miya could help us?"

"I don't know, dude. She's not a couples counselor. And if she's gonna take sides she'll take Quinn's any day."

"I don't know what to do, man. She gets mad at me for everything and it's making me wonder if she has always thought these things or if it's just now happening." Connor deflates, plopping down on the couch.

I know he's really stressed about this Quinn situation because they've never really argued before this, and it seems that every day they're arguing over something new. I'm not sure how Quinn is feeling about it, but I'm worried that somethings gonna happen and Connor's gonna be crushed.

He cares about her more than anything and I'm honestly confused about what they're even arguing about. They always agree on everything.

"Connor Noon!" Quinn shouts as she walks up. Appropriate timing I guess.

"Yeah, Quinny?" He answers immediately.

"Why're you not answering my texts? I texted you like 10 times!" She says angrily, and connor scrambles to get out his phone.

"Babe, I wasn't checking it, I'm sorry. What'd you need?" Connor asks, and she scoffs before rolling her eyes.

"Whatever, it's nothing." She says in an annoyed tone, walking off immediately after.

He goes on his messages and his face drops. "Shit, I gotta go. I'll find you later."

Connor rushes off immediately, going to find Quinn. What in the world did that message say?

Regardless of their issues, Miya walks up to me moments later. She smiles, and I smile back.

"Hi, Bray." She says happily.

"Hi, Miya. What's up?" I ask, and she looks up at me again.