six. let go.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter six.
—— AMIYA'S POV 🧩

꒰ 🍪 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

BRADY HAD told me to text him later after we'd parted ways yesterday, but he still had me blocked on messages, so I couldn't message him.

I had told Quinn to tell Connor to tell Brady to unblock me, but I don't think the message was conveyed.

"Brady!" I shout to him, and I can tell he's annoyed when he sees me, but he smiles anyways.

"Hey, Miya. What's up?" He asks, and I give him a look.

"Uhm—" his friends are all looking at me. I had planned to tell him to unblock me, but that doesn't seem very coupley... so that's not an option anymore. "Just wanted to say hi. Am I interrupting?"

His expression tells me I am, but he shakes his head. "No, you're not." He reaches into his locker and grabs my favorite candy, handing it to me. I smile genuinely at the candy. "Here. I got this for you at the vending machine because I had an extra dollar."

"Thank you!" I say excitedly, and his annoyed expression falls as he smiles a little.

"Yeah. No problem, babe." He kisses my cheek.

I resist the urge to recoil away from him. I will never get used to him doing that.

"I'll find you after class, kay?" I ask, and he nods.

"Sounds good. Have a good day." He smiles.

"You too!" I chirp, forcing myself to kiss his lips.

His eyes are wide as I walk away, and I find it a little funny how caught off guard he is.

I'm not really a fan of PDA, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get people off your backs about "really dating" since people don't believe us, which hurts, if I'm being honest.

Is it that hard to imagine me and Brady together? Is really that far out of my league?

"Quit kissing in the halls, Amiya. It's gross." Madison mumbles, and I give her an annoyed look.

"Dude... you make out with Hunter in the halls. I barely ever kiss him, you can deal with it. I deadpan, and she glares at me.

"I can't believe you stole my chance with him. I thought we were friends, Miya." She spits, sounding hurt.

"Seriously? You're gonna try to pull that on me? You went out with my boyfriend multiple times even though you very well knew he was my boyfriend. And better yet, I tried to help you get with him but he just didn't see you like that. That's not my fault, Madison. You can't use that against me because I was amazing to you while we were friends. He was never gonna want you, and that's the tough truth." I shout, and she just blinks, speechless after my words.

"What's got you all snappy?" Hunter snarls, and I roll my eyes.

"Your girlfriend does. She's mad because I'm dating Brady when she's liked him for five years." I explain, and I'm unsure why I'm even doing it.