eight. oops.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter eight.
—— BRADY'S POV ⚽️

꒰ 🌿 ꒱  °˖ ⊹

"WAIT, WHERE'D Miya go?" I ask Xoch, and she shrugs.

"I saw her get up a little bit ago, but I didn't really ask her where she was going." Xochitl mumbles.

Bailey trots back in, and I crouch down to her level.

"Bailey, where's Miya?" I ask, and she turns her head in confusion before walking to a picture of Miya and me from 7th grade, nudging it with her nose. I nod, and she walks to the door.

"That's one smart dog, Noon." Xochitl jokes, and I laugh a little.

"She only really knows who Miya is outside of our family. She used to come over every day and she loved to hang out with Bailey." I explain, and Xoch nods.

"That's cute." She pauses before speaking again. "You miss her, don't you?"

I hesitate before shaking my head. "I used to. I don't think I do anymore."

"Don't lie, Brady. I see how attentive you are to her. Admit it, you miss your best friend." Xoch deadpans.

I sigh. "Yeah, fine. I miss her... sometimes. Sometimes she still gets on my nerves."

Xoch shakes her head at me has as she smiles a little. She just gives me a look.

"You're sure you only see her as a friend?" She asks, and I give her a disgusted look.

"Yes. 1000% sure, Xoch. I could never see Amiya in any way other than as a friend.. that's just... ew." I gag at the end of my sentence, and she rolls her eyes at me as she smiles. "Plus we aren't even friends."

"Yeah yeah. I'm sure you'll reconcile soon." She pats my shoulder as I stand up and text Miya, just to make sure she did actually leave and didn't get taken or something.

BRAY🦈🤍you walked home??

BRAY🦈🤍
you walked home??

MIYA🦒🤍
yea

felt needed

BRAY🦈🤍
alright

ima post the pictures

MIYA🦒🤍
alrr

BRAY🦈🤍
sorry you felt left out

that wasn't the intention

MIYA🦒🤍
Ik