seven. curious.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter seven.
—— AMIYA'S POV 🧩

꒰ 🍪 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

TW: MENTIONS OF SELF HARM.

WHEN I arrived at Brady's car, he seems pretty happy, for some reason. He's texting someone, and he's smiling at the texts.

"Brady Noon, are you cheating on me?" I joke as I walk up.

"Of course not, I'd never." He replies, smiling as he looks up at me.

Maybe we're making a little progress... at least we can joke with each other now. Is it possible I could get my best friend back?

"We going to your house?" I ask, and he nods.

"Yeah. Xoch is in town and she knows where my house is."

"Alright." I nod, "and why exactly am I meeting her? I know we said we would on Instagram, but that's not exactly true... I don't really see the purpose since me and you aren't friends."

"She just wants to meet you, and if I declined I'd be hassled about it twenty four seven." Brady shrugs.

I realize my sleeves of my hoodie have rolled up a little on my forearms since I got in, and I pull them down.

I don't think Brady takes notice, which is a relief. He'd view me differently if he knew.

"Miya, it's like 70 degrees outside. You wanna take your hoodie off?" Brady asks, and I shake my head.

"No I'm okay." I mumble, and he seems suspicious of me.

"Miya..." he says softly. "You're grasping your sleeves for dear life. Are you alright?"

"M'fine, Brady." I say quietly. "Don't worry about it."

"Okay... if you say so." He mutters, starting the car and beginning to drive to his house.

It isn't far from the school at all, and it only takes us about 5 minutes to get there. When we arrive, there's another car in the driveway and I know it's not Connor's, so I'm assuming it's Xochitl's.

She gets our of her car at the same time as Brady and I do. She smiles brightly as she runs up to Brady and gives him a side hug.

"Hi Noon!" She says happily, and turns to me. "You must be Amiya! I've heard so much about you!"

"You have?" I ask, and she nods.

"Yeah. I mean, more so just like... so I could learn Brady lore but you seem so sweet!" Xochitl chirps, and I smile.

"I've seen your posts on Instagram and stuff, you're absolutely amazing. I'm glad I get to meet you!" I reply, and she grabs my hand, taking me inside the Noon residence with her.

Brady follows not far behind us, but he mainly just lets me and Xochitl talk. Brady's dog, Bailey walks in the room.

My eyes light up at the sight of her. She's so big now.