twenty one. shambles.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄
chapter twenty one.
—— BRADY'S POV ⚽️

꒰ 🌿 ꒱ °˖ ⊹

WITH QUINN and Connor now broken up, the friend group is awkward. Quinn and Miya are still friends, but Quinn won't speak to me that much because I look like Connor.

Skylar and Lucas made up... I think? Maybe that was awhile ago but he's been busy with Camille drama, so they haven't been around us as much because they're off in their own little sophomore world and Lucas claims he doesn't want to get stuck between two unchoosable sides, so he's staying out of it.

Miya randomly gets insecure and upset now because of Connor and Quinn, and I have no idea how to stop it even though I want to.

Them breaking up left us in shocking shambles, especially the two of them. When I do see Quinn she's either crying or recently got done doing so, and when I see Connor he's either angry, taking anger out on some inanimate object, or crying.

I'm not sure why they even broke up, to be honest. Connor says it was just a huge argument and Quinn acted irrationally but he's respecting her pleads and staying as far away from her as possible so that they both don't have to deal with that pain.

Connor tells me he loved her, and that makes it worse. He never got to tell her.

Since they aren't talking we're all walking on eggshells. Connor and Quinn both left the group chat so we don't even use it anymore. Not that we did very much, but we used it to make plans and stuff.

"Did you finish that history assignment?" Connor asks me as he walks up. 

I nod. "Yeah, it was hella easy, why didn't you finish it?"

"Couldn't focus. Been trying to think about how to get Quinn back." He mumbles, and I sigh.

"I know it hurts, Connor, but you gotta give her the space she obviously wants." I explain, and he nods slowly.

"I know, I just... I don't want to. I wanna get my girl back." He reasons, and I smile sympathetically at him.

"I'm sorry, Connor. At least she hasn't moved on super quickly?" I try to make him feel better, but he shrugs.

"If she had I would've known she was at least happy. I have no idea how she feels now because she told Skylar she doesn't wanna see me for the next month so that she can process, so I'm avoiding her so that she can do what she wants to."

That's sorta fucked of her to request, but whatever I guess.

"Oh." I mumble, "that's tough, I'm sorry. Anything I can do to help?"

"Don't mention Quinn for the rest of my life." He answers, walking off immediately after.

I groan, knowing he's just going to be like this for a while, but I really can't do anything about it. I need to get back to planning my promposal for Miya anyways.

I rack my brain for ideas and eventually decide on what I want to do and order the necklace off of the website of the store she saw it at. The necklace is silver, since she hates gold, and it's got an infinity symbol on it, since I know she's big on destiny and fate.