5

Taehyung's POV

I waved goodbye to eomma as I head outside.

Today's the end of Christmas break, also known as the start of another semester. I usually walk my way to the bus stop and take the bus to school, so that's what I'm doing.

I arrived at the bus stop just in time. The bus just arrived too.

Not many people were in the bus, fortunately, so I just sat at a random seat beside the window.

Other people, mostly students, came in too and almost filled up the bus. Just when the bus was about to run again, a girl came in the last minute.

"Phew! Made it!" She said making a lot of heads turn to her, including mine.

My eyes widened. Jennie!

I forgot! Jennie was only 5 houses away from us, of course she's also taking this bus.

She searched around for empty seats, there were a few left but she then caught sight of me and we made eye contact.

She smiled and waved, enthusiastically before walking towards me and sitting at the empty seat beside me.

"Hi, Jennie!" I said with the same tone, "I forgot that you lived in the neighborhood too" I added scratching my nape.

She then put her hand over her chest, "Ouch, so I was forgotten?" She said dramatically.

I just chuckled, knowing that she was just joking. She joined in with the laughter.

I then remembered what Jungkook told me.

I'm warning you, don't get too close to Jennie.

She always talks about you and it just makes me angry, so if you don't want a fight, please just at least minimize your talk with her.

Right. I was supposed to do that.

I then turned my attention back to Jennie as she was asking me something.

"So... How was Christmas Break?" She asked.

I just looked at her with a 'are-you-kidding-me' look.

"Jennie, you've literally visted me almost everyday to see Yeontan to the point that my mom is already used to you being there" I told her.

Also to the point that your boyfriend got mad at me.

She pouted, "Are you annoyed of me going there, then? Cuz, I'll stop if you want" she said frowning.

I just sighed.

No. Actually, I love it when you go to our house and I don't want you to leave, but...

"It's not like that, I love your company but, you have a boyfriend and people might misunderstand.." I told her carefully, hoping that she would understand.

"Oh... Well I don't think Jungkook will mind, besides we're just friends right?" She then smiled at me.

I felt my chest ache as I heard her words, and because no words were able leave my mouth, I simply responded with a forced smile and a nod. I just hope that she didn't see through it.

Yeah... You're just friends Tae... Just friends...

"Oh! We're here!" She said and jumped up.

I took my bag and threw it over my shoulder, "Kaja?" I asked.

She nodded and we both walked out of the bus.