34

Jennie's POV

Woah... Taehyung liked me for that long...

Jungkook was right. He didn't deserve to be rejected. I liked him too. He has waited for the perfect time to confess to me and yet there I was rejecting him.

Still, if I did accept his confession, we would've became a thing. What if I make a big mistake again!?

Well.. Jungkook did say that I'll never know u less I'll try.

But nothing would change anymore! I already rejected him. There's no turning back. He probably moved on already. It would be too late if I say that I liked him too.

I sighed and kicked a pebble on the pavement in frustration.

Ughhh! Why did I have to be stupid?

"Hey! Jennie!" I turned at the call of my name.

I saw a guy running towards me. I recognize him as one of my classmates. Hmm.. What was his name? Nah. I forgot.

"Oh.. Hi! Uhmm...?"

"Oh! I'm Haneol! I saw that you were walking alone, do you perhaps...want company?" He asked and smiled a shy smile.

Awww~ How cute.

"Ye-"

"No. She already has company. I just went back to get something" I was confused when I voice suddenly interrupted me.

•.•??

Me and Haneol both looked behind him, to see.... Taehyung?

Wot?

His gaze then landed on me and he immediately walked towards me, "Yah! I told you to wait for me! Why'd you leave me!?" He whined.

??? I am confused.

He then put his arm around my shoulder as he arrived and whuspwred something in my ear, his breath giving shivers down my spine.

"Play along"

He then looked uo againa nd smiled at Haneol. Even though I was confused AF, I just went with it, awkwardly.

"Ah.. Mianhe! I forgot about you... " I said trailing off and looking down.

*sniffs* I'm a proud actress.

He suddenly out his free hand over his chest and acted as if he was hurt, "I am offended!" He dramatically gasps.

"I'm sorry Haneol-ssi, but maybe you could walk with Jennie another time, I have to discuss about something with her" he said, bowing to the also confused Haneol.

"Ahh! It's okay. You guys go ahead" he said and smiled nonetheless.

Taehyung then pulled me away from Haneol and I immediately queastioned him when we were finally out of sight.

"Why did you do that?" I asked as I carefully removed his arm off my shoulder, but he put it back up, so I just let it be.

"That dude clearly has a crush on you" he replied non-chalantly.

"So?" I asked him, wanting to know his point.

"I also apparently like you and I was just saving myself from jealousy so I dragged you away from him" he said casually.

I blushed at that sentence and looked down. Aish! Since when did he become this smooth!?

"Ooooh! Someone's blushing! I knew you liked me too!" He said teasingly with a smug grin on his face.

"Wh-what?! No I'm not! And I don't like you that way!" I said rather too defensively.

Sigh. There goes my 5-star acting.

"Oh. Don't lie to yourself Jennie. Someone told me you liked me too" he kept pushing.

My eyes widened and my head immediately shot up to him.

"Who?!"

"So you DO like me!"

I put my hands over my face to cover up the blsuh that was developing. Aigoo. Why am I stupid?!

I was startled when I was suddenly pulled down and I let out a little yelp before my but hit something. Before I knew it, I was sitting on a bench beside Taehyung.

He was facing me with a serious look this time. The playful glint was now completely gone. I was about to look away when his hand reached out for my chin, making me face him. I gulped.

"Answer me Jennie. Please, I want an honest answer from you today" I don't know why but I suddenly feel a wave of nervousness overflowing my system.

I hesitantly nodded my head.

Why did I do that!?

"Do you like me or not?"

Look what you've gotten yourself into.

I mentally facepalmed myself at my stupidness.

"Uhh... Could we talk somewhere else?" I asked, trying so hard to avoid the subject.

But still, he's still going to ask sooner or later. I just picked later.

I saw him sigh in defeat and he started leading me somewhere.

We arrived at the park and sat on a bench nearest to us. He faced himself to me and was  staring at me, expectantly.

AGHHHHHH! WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO!? I SHOULD'VE RAN AWAY! HUHUHU

"uhh.... "

I was looking everywhere but him. I didn't want to confess to him that I like him, that's nerve wrecking! Especially because inalreadt rejected him before! What would his reaction be!?

Will he be angry!? Happy!? Sad!? Akkkk!

My eyes widened when I felt something under my chin and my eyes suddenly met his. I felt my cheeks burn up and immediately looked away.

"No. Jennie, look at me"

I gulped. The way he said it was so stern and commanding especially because he used my full name....bit I got to admit, his deep voice was so sexy....😶

I had no choice but to lock my eyes with him again. As we did, my heart was beating so fast that I wouldn't be surprised if it actually leaped out of my chest.

"Do you like me or not? Please... Tell me the truth" he asked pleadingly.

It took a while. I was contemplating if I should tell him. There are so many things that are holding me back but my heart really wants to tell him the I don't like him. I love him.

I took a deep breath.

".....I... Likeyou!"

He suddenly let go of me and I took that chance to run away as I was too embarrassed and was probably a tomato right now. How am I supposed to face him in school?!