17

Taehyung's POV

"Why is he here!?"

I knew it... Coming here was a bad idea...

"Calm down Jungkook, we invited him here, since Lisa wouldn't come if he didn't" Rosé answered.

Lisa who was sitting in front of Jennie nodded her head and pulled me to sit beside her, now I am the one who's in front of Jennie. As I sat down, Jennie and I made eye contact. She smiled at me, to which I returned.

Wow... I didn't realize how I missed seeing that smile everyday...

My smile soon faded though. Jungkook was, yet again, glaring at me. I looked away and turned my attention to Lisa.

"I get what you mean about Jungkook now.. " I heard her whisper in my ear.

"I know right..." I whispered back.

"So what's your plan?" She asked.

"What plan?" Wait... Do I have to have a plan!? A plan for what tho...

"Waah... Don't tell me you don't have some sort of plan for getting her.." She answered.

Ohh.... I was supposed to have one?

I shook my head, "How should I when I already know that she's madly in love with Jungkook and the other way around" I told her and gestured to the couple that was feeding each other in front of us.

"Good point. But this is why you have to step up your game... Besides I think Jennie has some sort of liking towards you.. " she said.

What? Jennie? Liking meeee??? Ha! If only that was true....

"If you're not gonna believe my words I have proof. One, she asked earlier what our relationship is, Two, when I answered you were my boyfriend, she looked like she was troubled and sad, and lastly, when I told her it was only a joke, she sighed in relief, which means she definitely has something for you! She just doesn't realize it yet" she explained.

Okay.. She really sounds so sure and convincing but I know that she's just  giving me false hope.

"You don't need to put malice in her actions Lis, maybe she has another reason that we don't know about" I told her.

"But-" she was cut off by someone.

"What exactly is the relation between you two?" Asked Yoongi, who caught everyone's attention.

Jennie's POV

We all looked at Taehyung and Lisa. For some reason, my heart pounded at tht question.

Why do I suddenly feel nervous?

"Us?" Tae asked, pointing towards Lisa and him.

Even though, I already know the answer, I still feel a little bit uneasy. I then saw Yoongi oppa nod his head.

"Well, we're just friends, nothing more" Lisa answered. I silently sighed in relief.

"Really? Well that's a waste, you two really look good together" Namjoon oppa commented.

I suddenly felt my heart drop for a moment...

The heck!? Why do I keep feeling these things!? Pabo-yah! You have Jungkook! Only Jungkook okay!?

I was startled when I heard Lisa's loud laugh, she even kept on hitting the table.

"Me and him!? Ha! Trust me! He has eyes for someone else- ahhh!" She reacted and rubbed the spot where Taehyung pinched her.

Wait... So Taehyung likes someone?

My eyebrows furrowed at that thought. Who could it be? Is it a Twice member? Or maybe a GFriend member! Or... No! It's probably not, I mean there's a lot of girls out there who's more prettier and better than me- Wait! What am I thinking?!

I mentally hit my head five times. Stupid brain! Why would you think of such thing?! Especially when we have Jungkook already.

Aish!

Apparently Jungkook noticed my troubled expression as he suddenly asked me, "Babe? Are you alright?"

"What? Oh! Yeah! I'm okay, just thinking.. " I tried to sound as convincing as possible.

"Babe, I know you very well to know that there's definitely something wrong, but I won't butt in any further seeing that you don't wanna tell me, but I just want you to know that if anything bothers you, I'm always here, ready to listen" he said.

Awww~ Jungkook~ See Jenbie? You already have a perfect man right in front of you and who loves you endlessly. Why would think of another guy!?

I was snapped out of my thoughts again when I heard one sentence that highlited their conversation.

"She's my date to prom"

Logged in as Jennierubyjane

___

It's been a while since our last conversation, I wonder if he'll still reply...

___

Jennierubyjane
Hey.. It's me again! It's been a while since we've talked.. Are you mad at me?

Jennierubyjane
Yeah. It has been a while, and no, I don't hate you! Don't ever think that I'll hate you, okay? You're my best friend remember?

Jennierubyjane
Then why do you keep avoiding me? All you do these days is just smile at me and walk away... Is there something wrong?

Jennierubyjane
No! There isn't.. I'm just simply keeping my distance from you.
I don't know if you have noticed but I don't think Jungkook is quite fond of me being around you.

Jennierubyjane
Tae, didn't I tell you to not mind him? You're my best friend, he doesn't have the right to just keep you away from me.

Tae.taeger
Technically he does.

Jennierubyjane
Okay so he does have the right, but still! You can at least talk to me or say hi, don't ignore me please?

Tae.taeger
Alright... So uhh.. Since it's still early, do you perhaps wanna hang out?

___

I don't know why but I suddenly feel excited! It's been a while since the last time we had a best friend's day.

___

Jennierubyjane
Janja?! Where!?

Tae.taeger
I don't know.. How about that café that we were supposed to go to but didn't because of.. You know...

Jennierubyjane
Alright! I'm in! It'll be a great time to catch up on stuff.

Jennierubyjane
So it's a plan? I'll pick you up in like 15 minutes, since we live just a few houses away.

Jennierubyjane
Alright! See you!

Tae.taeger
👋😁

Jennierubyjane logged off

I smiled as I turned off my phone. It's time to close the gap that's been growing between us.