21

Taehyung's POV

After thanking hyung, I excused myself and immediately squished myself through a crowded area trying to find someone. I craned my neck from left to right, up and down, desperately trying to find her.

There!

I finally found her stuffing snacks in her mouth, munching on them and looking around, looking lost, to which I chuckled to.

"Lisa-yah!"

She looked over to me with chipmunk cheeks because of the food. I chuckled loudly which made her furrow her eyes.

"What?" She said a bit muffled because of the food still in her mouth.

"Hasn't anybody told you to not talk with your mouth full?" I asked, still smiling.

She just pouted after swallowing her food.

"Has anyone told you about minding your own business" she replied, spiteful.

I just chuckled before replying, "Chill gurl, I was just asking because you looked like a chipmunk earlier, I should've taken a pic"

She just looked at me weirdly, "Why are you suddenly so smiley?"

I just shrugged and smiled more. I then took the necklace out of my pocket and brought it to my back.

"Turn around first. I have a surprise for you" I smiled cheekily.

She once again furrowed her eyes at me, looking skeptical, but obliged anyways.

I smiled and stepped closer towards her, bringing out the object out of my back and over her head, around her neck. I locked it and turned her around only to find her staring at the necklace.

"Waaah! It's beautiful Tae! Awww~!" She said holding it up and inspecting it. She then smiled that cute gummy smile at me and hugged me.

"Sorry I don't have anything to give you in return" she said in the hug.

I smiled back and patted her back, "It's okay, I don't expect anything in return. This is just a thank you gift for being the bestest friend I ever had"

"What about Jennie? Wasn't she your best friend before me?" She asked.

I just shook my head, "Yes, she was and is still my best friend but I feel closer to you than her since I have this affectionate feelings towards her" I explained and she nodded.

She then stared back at the necklace and back at me.

"Is this real gold?!" She exclaimed, shocked after examining it once again.

It was a a gold heart shaped necklace with 'Bestfriend' engraved in it.

I nodded, "The shop I went to only sold items with the most legitimate materials, like gold, silver, gems, etc."

She looked at it again and back at me, smiling.

"You know, your the first and only friend thay ever gave me a gift like this, a gift that simbolizes our friendship" -Lisa

"Then you shouldn't lose it then! It's too precious!" I jokingly said which made her laugh.

I smiled but then changed into my poker face, "In all seriousness tho... Don't lose it" I warned and she just nodded like a smol child.

"Hey, I'm just going to find someone, are you okay if I leave you here on your own? You know what you should just go back to our table. Yoongi hyung is there, so you have company" I told her.

She just giggled, "I can take care of myself Tae. I'll just stay here and eat some more" she said.

"No. You're going back to our table and that's final. If you want food take some in a plate and bring them there" I told her sternly.

"Okay, okay. Jeez! No need to get all big bro here!" She said raising both her hands as if she's surrendering.

"Good" I said and nodded before leaving to find that one person that I had been crushing hard on since 4 years ago.

Sigh. Another round of neck craning. Aish!

I was about to start the search around the dance floor where most of the students are, bit I was startled when a girl suddenly rushed past me swiftly.

It felt like the world slowed down when she passed by. Her scent was very familiar. The color of her dress too. Most especially the color of her hair. But what caught my sight the most was the fresh tears that were flowing down her face.

Jennie...

Then suddenly, a guy followed running past me.

Jungkook...

I turned and looked as Jennie ran through the exit follows by Jungkook. What happened? Should I follow them?

In the end I did and found myself behind a wall, eavesdropping on them as they spoke.

Though I couldn't hear anything from where I am, I can clearly see that they're fighting. Mostly Jennie shouting at Jungkook with tearsin her eyes.

I suddenly had this urge to just go up there and hug her but I knew better. I then saw Jungkook shouting back at her and I swear I saw the hatred in her eyes. After all the shouting Jungkook left her there crying her eyes out.

What the hell?

Who does that? He makes her cry and now he just leaves ger like that?!

I was about to follow Jungkook and give him a piece of my mind when I heard Jennie's loud cries. That was enough for me to stop and immediately turn around.

At first I hesitated because Jungkook was there and it wasn't the right time, but this time, no one's there to be mad or angry and I couldn't resist seeing her cry anymore. I made my way towards her and put my arms around her, protectively.

"Let it all out... Don't bottle it up..." I spoke soft words into her ear and tried comforting her but her tears just won't listen.

At some point I felt her thin and slender arms rap around my torso which made my heart flutter. Probably not the best time for that. Let's just hope that she can't hear my heart beating crazily because of her.

"It's okay, I'm here. I'm here..." I said and I don't know what got over me but I found it the right to kiss the crown of her head.

She pulled me closer and sobbed harder. I never felt so protective of someone until now. I just wanna keep her away from harms way, stick by her side every single day, making sure that she won't get hurt, physically and mentally.

"I got you. I got you.. " I said as I rested my chin above her head and swaying our bodies together to try and soothe her.

That's what appa always does to eomma when she's troubled.

After a while, her loud cries turned into soft sobs and she finally looked at me after all that crying. She then wiped the remaining tears in her eyes. Her eyes were all swolen and her nose was runny, not to mention her red cheeks. It broke my heart to see her like this. Even the sparkle that I always see in her eyes are gone.

What exactly happened?

I lifted my hand and pulled some of her hair that was covering her face behind her ear and my hand made its way towards her cheek cupping it.

"Are you okay now?" I asked her. You can clearly hear the worry in my voice, I swear!

She shook her head 'no' and then started pouting.