27

Taehyung's POV

I came to school with only one objective in my mind. Confronting Jeon Jungkook. I stared at the wall clock inside Mrs. Min's class and anticipited for it to ring so I can drag that jerk out of the classroom.

5 minutes....

2 minutes....

1 minute....

30 seconds....

And....

RING! RING!

I immediately stood up before anyone else could and went towards Jungkook. He noticed and looked at me with a confused face before I dragged him out of the classroom and to the rooftop. It was surprisingly easy, I expected him to fight back and stuff, but he did nothing but let me drag him.

I slammed the door open and checked if anyone's around. When I found out that the coast is clear, I let go of him and slammed the door shut.

I immediately threw my most intimidating glare towards him, walking closer to him. He looked so losfand innocent that I just wanted to PUNCH him right THEN AND THERE. He had the guts to act innocent when he knew he did something.

"Why did you do it?" I asked through gritted teeth. I tried to sound as calm as possible but his actions makes it impossible for me.

"What do you mean? I did a lot of things.. And why do you look mad?" He asked with nothing but pure confusion.

"You know what you did Kook. I wouldn't be this angry if it isn't that one thing you did" I told him. I didn't want to say it directly as it may trigger something in me.

He just stared at me for a few minutes as if thinking of something until he finally let out an 'Ahhh' in realization.

I just furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"She told you about the prom incident, didn't she?" He asked.

I nodded my head in response and asked, "So why did you do it?" I asked again through gritted teeth.

He scoffed, "You must think of me as a bad guy now huh? I'm the bad guy and she's the victim. It's always like that when it comes to these things. They always accuse the guys first"

The expression on his face changed so quickly that it had me confused. Earlier he looked so innocent and confused, but now he has this anger, sadness and different kinds of negative emotions in one face. But why?

"What do you mean? You let her cry. You're the one who cheated. So why would she become the bad guy?" I asked.

Again, a scoff escaped his mouth, "You see? Guys are always accused first. You don't even know my side of the story"

"Then let's hear it then" I challenged him.

He took a deep intake of air before saying, "I'm not an idiot, Taehyung"

I furrowed my brows at him in confusion. What?

"I can see how she looks at you. She looks at you like how she looked at me the first time we met."

Now I'm even more confused. What is he trying to imply?

"The day you came over her place when I was around. That's when I noticed it. I didn't notice it before, but when we fought about it... She was protecting you. She fought with me and protected you. It hurt so damn much to see that"

Guilt. That's what I feel right now. The way he said that with sadness overflowing his voice. Tears were staring to conquer his eyes that he looks so small. I haven't noticed it before but aside form his overprotective side, he was actually fragile that it killed me to know that part of why he and Jennie are hurting in the first place...was because of me.

"I questioned her loyalty that day. But I fought back and tried my hardest to notice me and earn her whole heart back. It was no use. She always spaces out and when I asked her about it she just shrugs it off, but I know the truth. She's always thinking about you, even when I'm around..." Tears were now falling one by one as he continued that I wanted to stop him from saying anything else.

"No matter how hard I try. You always had a spot in her heart that I can't just overtake. That girl that she told you about. I met her the night before we became friends, the day before prom. It didn't take long for me to find out that she was actually a Sophomore here. She caught my attention. That's when I gave up. The real reason why I became friends with you, was because I was letting go of her. I was giving her to you. I admitted defeat even though, she doesn't know it yet but she'll realize soon. I'm not the one for her. I know I was being stupid for not breaking up with her beforehand and ended up her finding out herself in the hardest way possible, so I'm sorry. But, hey... At least now, you can freely take her without me stopping you" he said and patted my shoulder, with a crooked smile.

He looked so done, depressed, defeated. I don't deserve Jennie's attention like he does. I don't deserve Jennie's heart than he does. If anything, Jungkook should be the one owning her heart not me. I've decided.

"No. You're not giving up on her. I'm not accepting her heart when clearly she also still loves you. She cried because of you, she cried for you. That only means that she also cares" I told him.

He just shook his head, closing his eyes, letting some tears flow down his face. He then opened them again, smiling at me.

"I already gave up on her Tae. I already have Tzuyu. There's no turning back. Please take care of her. Don't mess up this chance I gave you. Don't throw away the sacrifice I did just for both your happiness" he said.

I wanted to own Jennie's heart. I yearned for it all my high school life. But I didn't want to have her like this. I wanted to earn her love by me and and my hardwork only, not because someone gave her up. No matter how much I love her... This isn't right.

"No. I refuse to own her heart when it's like this. I will try my best to make her forgive you. I will explain everything to her. I will do anything in my power to get you back together" I said and was ready to leave when he held me back.

"No Tae!" He shouted. I froze. He sounded angry. The whole time we spent here, he was sobbing and keepinging quiet, but now he's angry. I made him angry.

"Tae! I didn't hurt Jennie, the love of my life, just so you can get us back together again! I told you. Don't let go of this chance. This once in a lifetime chance that I gave to you! I've moved on okay!? I don't need her to come back to me as I know that I will just get hurt! Tae, she likes you! Do I have to word that out?! Even if you could get us back together, she will always like you!" He exclaimed.

I just froze there in shock. Does she really like me? No, Tae. This isn't right, remember?

"Tae, please just accept the truth that I'm giving her to you. Please... I'd be more happy to see her happy with you than her being with me but is longing for you... " his voice cracked at the end which made me clench my fists.

I hate this... Why does fate have to play this game on us?

"I'll.. I'll think about it.. " I said and left the rooftop. I decided to skip the rest if the schools day and go home to eomma.

I need support after this. I need reassurance. I need some advice. I need the realest love in the world. The love of a mother.