12

3rd Person's POV

Taehyung was fidgeting with his fingers while pacing back and forth in front of Jennie's door. He was contemplating in wether he should ring the doorbell. He was sweating in his palms, legs shaking and has a dry throat because of nervousness.

"Ahhh! I don't care any more!" He said and abruptly pressed the doorbell without actually thinking it through.

When the ringing went through the whole house was when he realized what he just did. He froze in his spot, his hands still at the doorbell with wide eyes.

Oh no no no no no....

Footsteps could be heard fron the other side of the door and even though the footsteps got louder everytime, that didn't stop the fast beating of the poor boy's heart.

Once the door finally swung open, Taehyung immediately flinched and stood stiffly in front of the door.

On the other hand, Jennie had a wide smile on her face once she saw Taehyung in front of their door. She was though, oblivious of the fact that the boy was nervous AF. She went out and gave the boy a friendly hug, which Taehyung awkwardly returned in a flustered state.

Once Jennie pulled away, she immediately greeted Taehyung with her sweet smile and beautiful face.

"Tae! I'm so glad you came!" She said and diverted her eyes to the smol dog behind Tae's leg.

"Yeontan!" She squealed and ran to the cute little thing.

Yeontan of course jumped on Jennie with the same level of excitement.

"Babe? Who's there?"

That's when Tae froze in his spot and just looked at Jennie with an awkward glance.

"Oh! And did I forget to tell you that Jungkook was also here as of the moment?" Tae just shook his head and gulped.

As if on cue, Jungkook popped out of the door and immediately made eye contact with Taehyung. Taehyung can already feel the hatred towards him by just the look on Jungkook's eyes.

"Oh! Hey Jungkook! Look who's here!" Jennie said cheerfully, oblivious of the tension between the two guys.

"I can see that" Jungkook said through greeted teeth, but Jennie was just too dense to see that.

"H-hi Jungkook! Nice to see you... Again.. " Taehyung stuttered nervously and tried to smile, but in the end came out crooked.

"To you too, Taehyung.. " Jungkook tried to say without sounding rude.

Jennie then jumped up with Yeontan on her arms, "Well then! Let's go inside!" She said and ran inside.

Jungkook threw one last glare towrads Taehyung before following his girlfriend inside. On the other hand Taehyung just sighed, "This is gonna be one heck of a day".

As soon as he entered, Lexi spotted him almost immediately and ran to him, purring on his feet.

Taehyung smiled and picked the cat up in his arms, "Aww~! Did someone miss me?" He said and snuggled his nose with the kittie's.

He entered the living room with the cat and was greeted by Jungkook and Jennie snuggled together on the couch, with Yeontan squished in between Jennie's arms.

Taehyung's smile dropped at the sight.

They look like one happy family...

Lexi noticed Taehying's sudden change of mood and started purring while rubbing it's face on Taehyung's shirt grabbing his attention.

Taehyung looked down at Lexi and smiled a sad smile, "I guess you want to go to them too, right?" He asked the kitty.

Lexi quirked it's head to the side and shook his head, no, before meowing, catching Jungkook and Jennie's attention.

"Awww! I guess Lexi really likes you Tae! She doesn't even let Jungkook touch him, I'm surprised that she let's you hold him" Jennie said giggling after.

What she didn't notice was that her words irked Jungkook a lot amd immediately glared at Taehyung. Taehyung backed up a bit, as Lexi hissed at Jungkook, resulting to Jennie doubling her laughter.

Jennie, please don't make Jungkook hate me more than he already does... He thought.

"Oh wait! I remembered that mom did some groceries yesterday! Want me to make you guys something to eat?" Lexi asked standing up and placing Yeontan on the couch.

"Why not? I bet Taehyung also wants to taste your cooking. Why don't you go cook for us while we do some bro bonding time?" Jungkook suggested, making Taehyung nervous at his words.

Jennie, on the other hand, was still oblivious of what he really meant by that, and so she nodded excitedly and skipped towards the kitchen.

Once she was out of sight, Jungkook was surprisingly quiet and calm, which made Taehyung even more nervous. He expected Jungkook to become a raging bull and give him a peice of his mind but instead he was quitely sitting in his spot. It made Taehyung creeped out and scared even more.

"What are you doing standing there? Don't you wanna sit?" Jungkook asked in a monotone voice.

Taehyung gulped and hesitantly sat down to a separate couch. Yeontan got off his spot beside Jungkook and jumped onto Taehyung's lap. Soon enough both Lexi and Yeontan was playing on Taehyung's lap, while Taehyung and Jungkook were having a stare off. The other was staring with fire in his eyes, or you could also call it glaring, while the other was nervous amd had a tint of fear in his eyes. You could probably tell who's from who by now.

Tension was in the air a silence was present untill Jungkook decided to break it.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from Jennie? In fact didn't I tell you that like 2 times already?" Jungkook started.

Taehyung's head was trying to compose a response that didn't sound like he wanted trouble, but it took longer than expected because Jungkook was getting impatient just looking at Taehyung.

"Well?" Jungkook intimidatingly stated resulting to Taehyung being pressured.

Funny how Taehyung was older than Jungkook...

Due to the pressure, Taehyung just blurted out what was in his head.

"I didn't see the point of me staying away from Jennie" Taehyung said, but soon regretted it once Jungkook suddenly stood up and neared Taehyung.

Taehyung stiffened in his spot while Lexi and Yeontan stood up on Taehyung's lap and became alerted, growling, trying to protect Taehyung fron the nearing teen.

Jungkook then put both of his hands on the arm rest on either side of Taehyung, hence cornering him. Jungkook drew nearing until their faces were just a few inches apart.

"What did you say?" Jungkook asked in a deep and husky voice.