24

Taehyung's POV

It's a Sunday. A perfect day to spend time with Jennie. Since Jungkook won't be able to spend time with Jennie as they just had a huge fight, I will be willing to replace him. I'll also take this opportunity to distract her from ever thinking of Jungkook and what he did and move on from it. She deserves to be happy and I promised her that. Like I said yesterday, I will fulfill that promise no matter what!

"Taehyung-ah! Hwaiting!" I said to myself before standing up and entering my bathroom with my necessities.

I washed up and changed into black pants, a red hoodie, and red Converse. I went downstairs and greeted my mother with a kiss on the cheek.

"Good Morning Eomma!" I said cheerfully like always.

"Good Morning Tae! Do you want blueberry or strawberry on your pancakes?" She asked not looking away from the food.

"Strawberry please!" I said and waited patiently in my seat like a good boy.

"Good Morning Dear! Good Morning Son!" Appa said as he entered.

He came to me and ruffled my hear which made me whine and pout. He chuckled before moving towards eomma and kissing her cheek, which made her giggle.

"Appa! Look what you did to my hair!" I said and tried fixing my hair.

He just laughed and went to his seat. Eomma served us the food and sat down with us on the table. My face legit glowed once I saw the food. Eomma's cooking is no joke! I swear!

"Thanks for the food!" We all said and started munching on the food.

"So where are you going looking like this on a Sunday, huh? Going out with Lisa again?" Eomma asked.

I swallowed my food before shaking my head. I was about to say something when my father suddenly asked.

"Who's that?" He asked.

Eomma and I face-palmed. Appa always forgets stiff easily. Sigh.

"Do you really not remember Lisa? She's the one who owns that cute cat and always visits here to have a playdate with Taehyung and Yeontan" Eomma explained.

I face-palmed once again. Sigh. It seems like eomma's also getting forgetful. Haish. Again I was about say something when I was cut off. AGAIN!

"Is that the one with cat eyes?" Asked appa to which eomma nodded.

I sighed before I finally was able to say something.

"Eomma, appa, you're not wrong about me going with the girl with cat eyes, but her name's Jennie. Lisa's the other girl who has bangs" I told them.

They just made 'ohhh' expressions which made me bang my head against the table. What has happened to this family?

After eating, I brushed my teeth and took eomma's keys, my wallet and my phone with me. I put on my black cap and bid farewell to my parents before going out.

I hopped on eomma's car and started the engine. I then drove off but stopped not less than 30 seconds later, because Jennie was only a few houses down.

I knocked on her door and waited for someone to open it. Soon enough I was greeted by a middle-aged woman who looked like an exact replica of Jennie. She must be Jennie's mother. I'm still too overjoyed to even feel nervous about meeting her parents.

I bowed politely and greeted her, "Annyeonghaseyo Ms. Kim! Is Jennie home?" I asked.

"Oh? Are you one of her friends? I haven't seen you before" she said looking confused. Ahhh, now I see where the daughter got her cuteness from.

I smiled widely at her, "Ne! I'm Kim Taehyung!  I just became her friend not too long ago so that must be why you don't know me yet" I told her.

She just made an 'I understand' expression and nodded, smiling.

"Oh really? Well you should come in. Jennie usually isn't awake at this time yet as it is Sunday" she explained and led me in their home.

Sigh. The all too familiar walls and furniture. The only memory I got here was when Jungkook was threatening me about being too close to Jennie. Was him being overprotective even real?

"Please make yourself at home. I'm just going to wake Jennie up, I'll be back" she said and went up the stairs.

I just stood there looking around. I didn't have the time to admire the furniture and the design of the house when I came here last time as I was too busy being intimidated by Jungkook. I noticed that the structure of the house was the same as ours but the way the furniture are placed are different and they also decorated it with different paintings while ours were full of pictures.

I heard russling from upstairs and then fast and heavy footsteps were heard from the stairs and there popped up a messy-haired Jennie who looked like she just woke up. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at how cute she looked when just waking up.

"Tae!? Why are you here?" She asked with eyes wide.

"Good Morning to you too" I said trying not to laugh and ended up smiling widely.

She must've noticed my expression as she then looked at her hair and blushed.

"Uhhh.. I'm just going to wash up first" she said and rushed back up, leaving me there laughing.

Ahh~kyeopta~♡

I then heard much lighter footsteps going down the stairs and was greeted by Jennie's mother giggling.

"I'm sorry if you saw that. My daughter can be pretty....goofy" she said and continued giggling while I chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"She sure can" I said and smiled.

"Omo! Why are you still standing there? Please take a sit" she said and I bowed politely, thanking her before sitting down comfortably.

She too, took a seat across from me before asking, "So, what's the purpose of your visit?"

"Well, I was kinda hoping to go out with Jennie today" I said, sheepishly scratching my nape.

She 'Ahh'ed and nodded her head.

"Well in that case, I should make you tea as I know that my daughter will be taking long in the shower" she said and stood up.

"Ahhh, no no, it's okay Mrs. Kim, really" I said and shook my hands in front of her.

"You don't like tea?" She asked.

"Well... I haven't really tasted tea yet, but it's okay"

"Well then in that case, I should definitely make you one!" She said cheerfully and was ready to skip into the kitchen.

"But-" I was cut off.

"Nope, I'm making you tea and that's final. You shouldn't let this chance slide as I rarely let other people taste my tea." She said finally disappeared into the kitchen.

I sighed, "Might as well taste tea today" I said and patiently waited in their living room.