36

3rd Person's POV

They were there, still in the rooftop, Jennie in Taehyung's embrace. The bell rang minutes ago, but they were there, in deep slumber against the wall.

Taehyung was the first one to wake up and was shocked to see Jennie leaning against his chest, hugging him. All of what happened earlier immediately came to his head, causing him to smile fondly at Jennie.

FLASHBACK

Right after Taehyung spoke with the author in his head.

Taehyung smiled widely when he saw Jennie smile softly. On the other hand, overwhelmed by everything, Jennie instinctively buried her head in Taehyung's chest as she thinks that she might've been a tomato by now- which she was.

"I would've told you 'It wouldn't hurt to try' but because of what happened not too long ago, I swallowed my words" she said softly against his chest.

Though it was almost inaudible, Taehyung still managed to hear it clearly causing for him to chuckle.

Jennie was questioning how Taehyung could've stayed composed until now as throughout everything that just happened this morning her insides were all crazy. Little did she know that behind all that confidence, Taehyung's heart was about to explode that he was worried that Jennie might've heard it.

"Does that mean you're returning my feelings?" Taehyung asked after he calmed down.

Jennie hesitantly removed her head from Taehyung's chest and looked at him. Her gaze wavered because of how flustered she's feeling right now. Nevertheless, she was able to let out a crooked smile to which Taehyung thought was cute. Not only because of the smile but because he knows that Jennie was nervous, another thing that made his heart flutter.

"Yes Kim Taehyung, I-I am" she stuttered and immediately put her head back on Taehyung's chest.

This resulted to Taehyung's laughter resonating in the air. The reason?

One. He thought that Jennie's actions were very cute and amusing. Second. He's extremely happy right now that he just couldn't stop smiling.

Not too long after, they both dozed off for some reason forgetting about classes.

END OF FLASHBACK.

Taehyung looked at his wrist watch.

9:00.

Another 30 minutes until their second subject of the day starts. They had been sleeping for 1 hours and 30 minutes. He then looked at Jennie who was still sleeping comfortably against his chest. He was startled when she suddenly moved and snuggled closer to him. His heart beat fastened at that movement and he slowly out his arms around her as well.

She scanned hee face and saw the dark bags below her eyes. She must not have been sleeping very well. He didn't want to wake her uo as she needed the sleep so he just let her be and stared at her peaceful, sleeping face.

She's so, flawlessly beautiful... he thought.

Then he started to doze off himself. And so they both had been sleeping till lunch that morning.

Jennie's and now also Taehyung's group of friends were all in the lunch room, in their usual table eating. Well almost all of them, Lisa just arrived at their table with her tray of food amd immediately asked her concern.

"Guys, have you seen Taehyung and Jennie today? They weren't in class" she asked as she sat down on the empty seat beside Yoongi.

"Right. That's why something seemed odd, I haven't seen Taehyung amd Jennie sulking anywhere" Jungkook added.

Lisa just gave him a look, "You seriously haven't noticed their absence till now?"

Jungkook just smiled sheepishly and gave her a peace sign with his fingers.

Jimin looked up from his tray of food, "I saw them this morning actually" he reported.

"Really?? Why weren't they in class? Where did you see them last?" Asked the oh-so concerned Lisa.

"Well, I talked with Taehyung in front of the school's entrance and he was apparently staring at Jennie at the rooftop" Jimin said recalling his encounter with the missing members thus morning.

"Wait. What if something happened between them?" Asked Hoseok who was now very interested in the conversation.

Rosé let out a very overly-exaggerated gasp, which caught everyone's attention.

"Could it possibly be that thay have finally sorted things out and skipped classes to go on a date!?" She asked excitedly.

Lisa immediately perked up at this and stood uo form her seat, ready it run away, but was topped by Yoongi grabbing her arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"My OTP is finally sailing. I gotta see this"

"But you don't even know where they are"

"I have a good guess where"

"It'll be better if you won't disturb them"

"I'm still going"

She pulled her arm away from him and ran away towards where she thinks they might be, trying her luck.

"Aigoo. That girl. Stuborn as heck" Yoongi said shaking his head, but still nonetheless smiled.

"Yet, you still like her" Jin intervened.

"YOU DO!?" Almost everybody in the table exclaimed.

Yoongi glared at Jin, which was returned by an innocent smile. The others were agape at this news, to which annoyed Yoongi, so he walked away, going after Lisa.

Lisa opened the door to be greeted by a shocking sight.

"I knew it" she said and smiled.

She took out her phone and immediately captured a shot of this cute scene.

"So this is where they were the whole time huh?" Another voice came from behind her.

She nodded and giggled, "They really look so cute together"

"Taehyung is really something"

"Yep. He has endured so much pain just for her. He deserves his happy ending"

"You know, we should really do this sometime"

Lisa looked at Yoongi with a face.

"What?"

"I mean, I could really use some sleep. And I could have a better sleep if you were my pillow" he smirked.

Lisa just scoffed and laughed, "Someday grandpa, someday" she said and started leaving.

Yoongi followed after her, "It could be today"

"If you're really desperate for sleep, ask Hoseok. You two would be a better couple"

"Nah. I prefer you"

As those voices faded away, laughter could be heard from the rooftop. Jennie and Taehyung were already awake when Lisa and Yoongi arrived here and was just pretending to be asleep to see if there was something interesting that could happen. And indeed there was.

"Oh gosh. They would really make a good couple" Jennie said as she clutched her stomach.

"Yeah, but they would be a really scary couple though... " Taehyung said and shivered at his thoughts.

Jennie chuckled, "True that"

"So what does that make us? The cute couple?" Asked Taehyung all of a sudden that made Jennie once again, flustered.

"Y-you... We're a couple now?" Jennie stuttered.

Taehyung looked at Jennie and blushed, when he realized what he said.

"I mean, if you would like us to be... " he said scratching the back of his neck.

Jennie smiled through her flustered state.

"I would love to"