Chapter 4

Chapter 4 [edited]

Okay Melissa you can do this just tread lightly and quietly  I encouraged myself mentally. The sun had risen and I had woken up early but Cole however was asleep on the couch besides the door. I thought this would be a great opportunity to escape. If he did see me I would have the upper hand and run because he would still be in sleep daze while I would be on alert and up and running.

I quickly slipped on my shoes and ran a hand through my hair. I then approached the door. "Dammit now I have to move him," I whispered to myself. After taking a couple of deep but quiet breaths I went over to the side of the couch I put all my weight and force into it. I hope all that pilates pays off. I slowly moved the couch to the side but I kept looking at Cole to see any signs of movement. I then sighed in relief as he didn't move at all. Just as I was about to open the door I realised I that I forgot the car keys! This is a terrible escape plan. Now where are they?

My eyes scanned the room and landed on the bedside table, the keys glistened under the sun light. My smile was gone when I realised that I would have to walk past Cole really quietly in order to swiftly get the keys and leave. I went on my tip toes and cautiously started walking past the couch. I glanced back at Cole to reassure my self that he wasn't moving but as I turned around I hit my leg on the bed frame and swore under my breath. "Oh my god that really hurt," I whispered in pain as I clutched my shin. I prayed and turned around and Cole hadn't woken up.

I then composed myself and swiftly grabbed the keys and did a little victory dance, again, I composed myself and started tip toeing back to the door.

I felt something grab my wrist and pull me down and then I fell on to the couch, well onto Cole Kennedy. He then flipped us around so that I was underneath him and his face was directly opposite mine. He had me pinned down. I gasped and breathed heavily due to the sudden movement.

Cole had bed hair which was messy and slightly wavy , he smirked at me, "and where do you think you're going?" He asked me in his sleepy voice, which was quite raspy and really hot! Pull yourself together women.

"Um- bathroom?" I answered but it sounded more like a question.

"So why are you wearing shoes?"

"Um- last time there was a spider in there and I didn't want to step on it barefoot so you know shoes."

He smirked again, "Oh really?" I nodded "Then explain the car keys in your hand."

My eyes widened, "oh my god how did that get there?" I laughed nervously. "It seems to have appeared in my hands out of nowhere. Would you look at that? Cheeky keys."

Cole's smirk disappeared but the amusement still lingered in his blue eyes, "How stupid do you think I am?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" He gave me a flat look and clenched his jaw. I sighed. "Can you really blame me for trying to escape? And it would have worked."

"Yeah if it wasn't for your shitty thief skills. You make a shit thief,"

"Oh no you crushed my dreams of becoming a thief." I said with sarcasm, I then felt Cole's hot breath on my face and realised how close we were and how intimate this position was, "um- can you get off of me?" He then looked at our position as if just realising it when he was the one who put us in it, "Please?"

He sighed and got up and then I copied him and cleared my throat. "Be ready soon." he told me.

I frowned, "Why?"

He clenched his jaw, "we need to leave soon." I would have got annoyed with all this jaw clenching if it wasn't totally attractive. He stormed off and I sighed this guy has more mood swings then a girl on her period and that's saying something. One moment he's smirking, laughing and then the next he's all cold and bossy like...like... like a criminal should be. Or at least how you expect them to be.