Chapter 15

Chapter 15 [edited]

             "Cole maybe we should stop off at a motel, you should get some sleep," I told him. He had dark circles and bloodshot eyes.  He looked exhausted.

             Cole scoffed, "after last time I don't think so," he stated. I rolled my eyes at him and then an amused smile appeared on his lips ,"why is it that every time I leave you alone you always end up in trouble? Matt and then John."

                I shrugged, "maybe I have a secret magnet which attracts trouble. I mean I'm with you right now," a smirk played on his lips, "but I'm serious Cole you can't drive in the state. It's not safe. If you don't want to stop at a motel at least let me drive," Cole looked quite hesitant about it but then he pulled up on the side of the road."

"Okay," I smiled and we swapped places.

I sat in the drivers seat ready to take charge, "where are we headed, Kennedy?"

"Pick a state which is close by and can take us into South Dakota, Feisty."

"Um Idaho?"

            "Well then that's where we're headed, we should be there by dawn." I nodded and noticed Cole's coffee on the side; I picked it up and drank some of it I'm going to need the energy if I'm driving up until dawn.

              I've been driving for hours and I was exhausted how does Cole do this? I glanced at him and saw that he was sleeping peacefully and I smiled at that. I took the exit and drove into Idaho, which I heard was a beautiful state with so many beautiful landscapes. I didn't know where we were headed so I parked the car on the side of an isolated road and turned to wake Cole.

               "Cole," I called softly but he wouldn't steer, "Cole, come on wake up." I reached out and poked him, "Cole get up!" I then nudged him again and gasped as he caught my bruised wrist into his grip. I hissed in pain at the contact.

             He released my arm from his grip and I clutched my wrist, "I'm up," he declared in a hoarse voice as he slowly opened his eyes and looked around. "We're here," he had noticed me clutching my wrist, he pulled himself up, grabbed my wrist gently and looked at the bruise on it. With a frown he asked, "did I do that?"

I shook my head, "No, John did. He had a tight grip on my arm."

               "That bastard," then he did something that surprised me; he ran his fingers gently over my bruise, pulled up my wrist and kissed it slowly. I looked at him surprised and he put my wrist down "I'm sorry I don't--"

              I shook my head and smiled, "It's okay" there was a silence, "I woke you to ask what we do now, it's not dawn yet there's hours to go."

"Um--" he looked around, "we sleep in the car, this seems like a safe area."

"That's a bit uncomfortable isn't it?"

            He shrugged, "Oh well, go to the back" I couldn't be asked to open the door and go around so I went through the gap in the middle of the driver's seat and the passenger seat. Cole chuckled, "I'm enjoying the view." I turned around to see that he was looking at my arse and I blushed.

"Perv," I then made my way to the back seat which I must say is big in width.

              "There's two blankets on the side, you can fold one up and use it as a pillow and use the other one as a blanket. I nodded and set up the blanket and I put the bag of food and weapons on to the floor, "I'm going to sleep here." I knew the seats didn't recline too far back so it wouldn't be comfortable to sleep there.