Chapter 28

Chapter 28 [edited]

            The next morning I woke up with a soaring pain in my legs. I am so sore. I looked besides me to see that Cole wasn't there, I got up slowly my legs still hurting. I cringed as I noticed the sheets and then I went to take a shower.

             As the water fell on to my body I smiled at the events of last night despite the fact that I may never see Cole again I was happy that I had my first time with him, there's no body else that I could think of to spend that night with than him. It was a special night and will forever be etched into my memories.

            I wore my old undergarments, gross I know but I have nothing else. I took one of Cole's t- shirt that was laying on a chair in his room it was nice navy blue colour which contrasted with my eyes and hair.  The shower helped relax my muscles and my soreness had slightly faded but it hurt a little bit when I walked. I walked into the room to see Cole fixing the bed.

             He looked at me and smiled, I looked at the sheets and noticed there were new ones put up "What happened to the sheets?" I asked him with a slight blush and he smirked at that.

"I disposed of it," Cole answered "how are you feeling?" 

"Slightly sore but the shower sort of helped."

"You had a shower without me?" He smirked as a ferocious blush made it way on to my face.

"Shut up,"

              He chuckled, "It's cute when you blush, I'm going to take a shower I made breakfast downstairs so help yourself." Cole took some clothes with him and winked at me before leaving the room. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and saw that there were pancakes and some fruits placed down on the table. I smiled and had my breakfast.

           I was watching How I Met Your Mother when Cole came and sat besides me with his arms wrapped around my waist and my head on his shoulder, this was nice. I wish we could stay like this forever but we couldn't and I knew that. "Last night was amazing," I told him honestly with a smile.

            I half expected him to chuckle and not say anything but he shot me a warm smile, "Yeah it was." I was glad Cole felt the same way.  But I wasn't sure what happens now, today is the day when I leave. Despite the fact that I didn't want to I had to, there's no way I can stay with Cole. This is his life not mine.

"Do you know where my clothes are?"

"Yeah I washed them last night, they still need to dry a bit."

"Oh okay thanks," Good I have extra time with him. "Cole can I ask you something?" 

He smirked "You just did"

            I rolled my eyes at him but smiled "If you weren't currently, you know being chased by the FBI what would you have liked to do?" he frowned "Like what would you have wanted to be?"

           He sighed "I- nobody has ever asked me that, they never really cared," I gave him a smile, "Well, this is very ironic, but I would have liked to became a police officer and then gradually make my way into the FBI or work at the military or something, it's stupid I know."

"No, it's pretty cool. I didn't know you wanted to be an officer" 

              He shrugged, "I've always been interested in the FBI and stuff when I was younger and now I'm being chased by them," He chuckled and I just smiled. "I would have liked to settle down later I guess"

"Really?"

               He laughed, "don't sound too surprised. I would like to get married and settle down somewhere nice and I don't know have children or something," I smiled at that,  "but I can't," and then my smile dropped. "I can't do any of that because of how I'm living now."