Chapter 25

Chapter 25 [edited]

"WHAT!" Melissa yelled and god was it loud, "you'll have to pull up somewhere."

               The Scorpions were slightly behind us I couldn't tell see what the result of Melissa's shooting was but all I know is that she was wounded and it pissed me off that they hurt her. I looked around and spotted an empty driveway and parked there but I hid the car from any passer-by's eyes. Then I got out and helped Melissa get out as she held on to the first aid kit. I walked towards the house and kicked the door open with all the strength I could muster. As soon as we got into the house, I closed the door behind me and led Melissa into the kitchen.

            I ran some cold water on her wound, the bullet hadn't penetrated her skin much, it didn't go too deep into her skin so it was easy for me to take the bullet out with  tweezers and as I had done this Melissa hissed in pain. For a second I had become angry with myself for causing this pain on her but I realised that I was being stupid, of course she'll be in pain when treating a bullet wound. I then wrapped a bandage around her wound.

            "God that hurt like hell," Melissa commented after I had wrapped up her wound, "remind me again to never get shot"

I chuckled, "don't worry I will," I told her, "You're lucky the bullet didn't go deep into your skin"

She nodded, "speaking of bullet wounds, how's yours?"

            "You ask now?" She rolled her blue eyes at me, her eyes was so captivating and an amazing shade of blue, "it was kind of painful but it's slightly better now."

She gave me a small smile, "too bad there's no painkillers."

            "Actually there might be, I mean we did kind of break into someone's house. Surely they have painkillers!" Melissa nodded and we searched the drawers. I can tell she was kind of uncomfortable going through someone else's belongings but she knew that it was for both our benefits.

             "I found some," she stated with a grin before we could say or do anything else we heard footsteps and some gun shots from the doorway. I then pushed her to hide behind the counter.

Melissa's P.O.V

              Great this is the diner all over again! Cole quickly threw me a loaded gun, I caught it and he stuck his head up and shot at what I assumed was a guy and some shots were fired back as well as some curses.

             "Now, now Kennedy playing games with us isn't going to get you anywhere," a familiar voice taunted, Paul. I quickly stuck my head up and shot at him, he jumped surprised and unfortunately missed my shot. I am not someone who believes in killing to end a problem but I just want to shoot Paul and watch him die! Violent much? "Oh look the girl wants to play games too"

          "It's Melissa!" I scolded and shot at someone who tried to lunge at me. What is it with criminals not saying my name? Cole only said my name when we were in serious situations but other then that he didn't.

          "Whatever," Cole commented, "just shoot." I rolled my eyes at his demanding tone and we continued to shoot bullets back and forth. Cole then grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the kitchen while he shot at the guys who got in our way.

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know, we need to get out of here"

"well as you can tell the front and back door is kind of occupied,"

             "We'll find a way." The action of shooting bullets back and forth continued, even some punches were thrown here and there. I was just grateful the number of Scorpions here was decreasing by the time we had reached the second floor.

             "Now what?" Cole dragged me into a room and tried to pry open the window but it was locked and I told him not to break the glass because then it would just hurt him. A large guy came into the room and tried to lunge at Cole but I kicked him in the shin and Cole shot his arm, we make a good team!

             "Come on," Cole dragged me up into the attic and then he dragged me by the window in the attic which led to the roof.

"The roof?! Are you crazy!"

            "It's our only hope unless you want to die," I looked out of the window and saw the garden which was covered in grass and led to a forest. I nodded and Cole walked to the window, opened it, went outside and helped me out too. We stood on a small area in between the attic window and the roof and Cole led me on to the roof and once we were on it, we looked down. Oh my god, it's too high. We're gonna die. We are going to die. "We need to jump down,"

"WE ARE GOING TO DIE, COLE. WE'RE GOING TO DIE!"

             "Melissa, we're not gonna die! I won't let anything happen to you." I looked at him. "you jump, I jump remember?"

"Cole this isn't Titanic!"

"I know I was hoping it would calm you down slightly,"

            "Well thanks how did that work out, Jack Dawson? And I'm pretty sure he died at the end of the movie, how do you think this is going to turn out."

Cole rolled his brown eyes at me, "just hold my hand"

I held his hand and looked at him, "No more Titanic references!"

"No more. I need you to try and land on the ground with your knees bent, so it doesn't hurt much."

"Much?"

"Well come on Melissa be realistic we're jumping off a building we're gonna get hurt somehow,"

"Can I have Jack Dawson back?"

            "No, Cole Kennedy is much better. On the count of three," I nodded and looked at him, "don't worry Melissa I've always got you," he planted a small kiss on my lips and whispered, "one...two...three" and then we jumped.

              I groaned as we landed on the ground and my feet gave away so I stumbled and fell on to the ground, on the way down I had received a splinter from a tree. Thanks tree. Cole stumbled and fell to the floor too with a groan and my feet were hurting. "Come on let's get out of here" Cole said approaching me and helping me up.

"But the car--" I protested.

              "Leave it, we'll find another way to get to Pennsylvania." I nodded and despite the fact that my feet were hurting I still ran along with Cole without some of The Scorpion members following us.

                After a couple of minutes we stumbled into a cafe restroom to clean ourselves up, on the way to the cafe we had also stumbled along some market stalls and Cole discreetly took a t- shirt for himself and one for me. I had of course protested but Cole shop lifted anyway. In the rest room of the small cafe me and Cole had changed into the t- shirts since our ones held some blood stains and then we disposed of them.  Cole grabbed us some sandwich's and water and we ate them as we walked, keeping ourselves hidden as we were both aware that our pictures were still roaming on line.

"We need to find a coach," Cole told me as we had finished eating and drinking.

"A coach?" I asked.

"Yeah, you know to take us to Pennsylvania"

"Oh um where would we find one?"

"Service station?"

"You do realise we have to be on the highway to get to a service station"

He rolled his eyes at me, "fine let's ask people"

             "Never thought I'd hear a guy say that," that's when I realised that we'll be going to Pennsylvania and that means I'll have to leave Cole soon and that thought hurt me.

Picture: Kevin

 We're coming to the end of the story soon a couple of chapters left, sad times :( but on a happy note that picture of Kevin is so hot!