Chapter 10

Chapter 10 [edited]

             The sunlight hit my face and caused me to stir and wake up. I slowly got up and stretched and looked down to see that I was still wearing my party dress. I looked towards the bedroom door and realised that Cole was sat on a chair sleeping in front of the door, just like he did when we went to his cabin. I frowned what is he doing here? And then all of a sudden yesterday's memory hit me.

              His arm wrapped around me securely as he lead me out of the room and led me into the room I had now occupied. I sobbed on his chest, "It's okay." He assured me.

            "I- I can't believe that almost happened." I said and tried to control my tears. I wiped the tears away and pushed myself off Cole and walked away towards the bed. I then turned to face Cole, whose fist was clenched.

              "I didn't even know Matt was capable of doing something like that. I mean I grew up with the kid!" I sniffed and he looked at me, his fist unclenched slightly. "You should go to sleep I'll leave you alone."  He turned around to walk out of the door.

"But-" Cole stopped walking and turned around "What if he comes back?"

"After the way I beat him up?"

              I shrugged "I don't know. I just- I'm scared. This has never happened to me before I have never been involved in a car accident or seen someone getting shot in the arm or even almost getting..." I couldn't say the word, "Until you decided to kidnap me."

"Wait. Are you blaming this on me?"

            "Yes I am! If you had left me alone to live my life the way I was previously then this wouldn't have happened."

"How is it my fault that you almost got fucking raped?" He yelled and I flinched at that word.

                 "YOU brought me here. YOU kidnapped me. YOU drove me away from my own life. YOU are to blame."

"Maybe YOU should have been smart enough to not go in a fucking room by yourself with Matt."

"Maybe you shouldn't have kidnapped me."

            "You know what you're right." What? "Maybe I shouldn't have because ever since I did then all you have brought me is trouble."  I glared at him, I'm the one who brought trouble? Says the criminal. "I could have kidnapped an innocent quiet girl instead I had to pick you, the feisty annoying niece of an FBI Agent who's currently tracking my every steps."  He then stormed out of the room and slammed the door close which caused me to jump.

Stupid hot, dangerous, psychotic, perverted criminal!

            After that I just got into bed but he must have came in here and well guarded the door for my protection. I smiled at that and then shook my head no you're meant to be mad at him. I walked into the walk in closest and grabbed a pair of pastel blue jeans, a floral tank top and a small cardigan. I then walked into the bathroom and had a shower.

               After I came out of the bathroom all dressed and cleaned, I noticed that Cole had left the room. I walked downstairs and saw Nate on the living room couch, there was confetti everywhere, where the hell did that come from? Nate's hair was messy and he looked extremely tired as he clutched his head and I laughed at him. "Hangover?" I asked him.

                He groaned and then winced as he threw his head back "Yes. God why did I drink so much?" I laughed at him "This light is too bright." I looked around a spotted a pair of sunglasses on the coffee table, I picked it up and put it on him and he sighed. "If you want breakfast ask Maria, I'll be in my room."

"Okay. Um- Do you know where Cole is?"

            "In the training room across the hall." The training room? I shrugged and walked towards the kitchen as Nate went upstairs. I walked into the kitchen when Maria was placing an omelet on the counter and boy did it look delicious!

"Hey Maria." I greeted her, she smiled brightly at me and I smiled at her.

           "Hello, Melissa." She greeted me "I have breakfast ready for you." She then looked behind me "No Cole or Nathan?"

I shook my head, "Cole's angry and Nathan has a hangover."

She frowned "Why is Cole angry?"

"I- We had an argument last night. I just- I kinda blamed him for something."

"Can I ask what you blamed him for?"

              I sighed, "It's complicated." She looked at me hopefully for an answer, "I blamed him for taking me away from my life."

              She frowned at me, "I don't know the exact meaning behind those words but I know Cole can react very um- rapidly. He doesn't really think stuff through you know? He has had a rough childhood and a rough teen life. he hasn't really been himself for the past few years. We'd usually see the old Cole sometimes and even that wasn't enough to ensure us that our little Cole would come back."

"What happened?"

             She sighed "I'm sorry Bella, but it's not my story to tell. But what I can say is that I see a little bit of the old Cole in him when he's with you."

"What?"

               She smiled softly at me "He smiles and laughs when he is with you. Cole pushes people away he's been hurt in the past before. So I'm asking you please don't hurt him. Please promise me."

                "I-" What was I meant to say? He was the criminal if anyone is capable of hurt then it's him. "I promise I won't." I don't know where that came from but I couldn't exactly not promise her that.

              She smiled at me "Come, eat your omelet before it gets cold." I badly wanted to ask her why Cole is wanted by the FBI but I wasn't sure if she knew about Cole's criminal history and I didn't want to risk her knowing, so I sat down and ate my breakfast. 

              Maria gave me an omelet to give to Cole and she gave me directions to the training room. I walked in through the door and heard gun shots, which caused me to jump slightly but luckily I didn't drop the plate, now I know why this is the training room. They most likely train with guns and other weapons. Great now I have to make up with a pissed criminal with a gun. Just great! 

Kevin's P.O.V 

                 We had scanned the area where we saw Melissa's exploded car. I had panicked then and got forensics to check the car for any body parts or blood. There was some blood, some of which was Melissa's and some of which was not, which we had all assumed was Cole Kennedy's but no body which meant that they were still alive. We then examined the area which we had heard gun shots. We found an injured man, who was shot in the arm, and we had questioned him and showed him an image of Melissa and Cole and he had recognised them but he wans't sure which direction they went.

                I punched the car which caused a slight dent "Calm down Kev." My closest friend, Connor, an FBI agent, as well, told me.

            "I'm so stupid." I muttered "Her parents gave me the responsibility to take care of her, she's like my Daughter, and I failed them. I'm a terrible Uncle and I'm going to be a terrible parent."

       "No you're not. You couldn't have predicted that she would be kidnapped by Cole Kennedy and you're doing everything in your power to get her back. Oh and tell Claire I said congratulations on the baby." I nodded and he walked away.

            I'm not going to give up Melissa. Never. I will find you and I will put Cole behind bars for everything he has done wrong.

GIF: Claire (Amanda Seyfried)

Just a little insight on Kevin's P.O.V of this situation, hope you guys didn't forget that Melissa's Uncle is tracking her down.Next chapter we will find out a little bit more about Cole's enemies. 

I'M SEEING DISTRICR 3 TOMORROW AND I GOT ONE DIRECTION STADIUM TOUR TICKETS :D