Chapter 20

Chapter 20 [edited]

"Who knew ice cream could be this nice?" I asked as I licked my ice cream.

              Cole laughed, "It is pretty nice isn't it?" I was wearing sunglasses, I had changed into a casual dress and Cole wore a red plaid shirt with his shirt rolled up, his hair was done slightly differently and he wore sunglasses too, my hair was braided to the side so we looked quite different than we did in the news and nobody noticed us. I'm sure we looked like a couple on a date or an outing and I blushed at that slightly, "so what's next?" 

"Hm I don't know, let's just walk around we haven't walked around in ages."

              Cole smiled, "yeah, we haven't have we?" I nodded and we just walked around for a bit. It was nice we admired the outdoors and just talked. We even stopped by a few shops and Cole got me some sweets and some clothes. Yum M&Ms!

               We had accidentally gone on a road where police were roaming around. We were very discreet when around there. But luckily we didn't get caught.

               We then returned back to the house with a pizza box, some snack and sweets. After putting down the shopping we opened the pizza box and ate it. I haven't had pizza in ages. As I took a bite I moaned slightly and Cole laughed. Then we ate in silence.

"Do you think I'm a bad person?" Cole asked me, breaking the silence and I frowned.

"Why do you ask that?" I asked him

"Because I killed my Dad doesn't that make me a bad person?"

                "If you had asked me that a couple of days ago I would have said yes but now that I know you better then I have to say no,"

He frowned, "You don't think I'm a bad person for killing someone?"

                   "Killing anyone is wrong but I understand why you did it. You were scared and you wanted to protect yourself and your Mum, the only crime you committed is defending yourself. Your actions can be justified for defence because you were trying to protect your family."

"But he was my family,"

"Family don't hurt each other Cole. he was family before he started abusing you," he smiled weakly.

                                                                                       * * *

            Night came quite quick and then we were off to bed. We slept in separate beds of course. During the course of the night I had felt slight discomfort because Cole wasn't besides me. His body gave off a warm heat in the night, he was a reassurance and comfort for me but I had to deal with it. I have no idea what's happening between me and Cole but I'm pretty sure after Pennsylvania we would never see each other again.

Unless he's on the news of course.

              I laid there staring at the ceiling like it's the most interesting thing here, kind of like the times when me and Olivia would go to revise one of us would loose focus on the walls or the ceiling.

             I felt slight emptiness and sadness because my best friend and the only family I've actually come to know is not around me. I missed home. I wonder what would have happened if I didn't park by the coffee shop that morning would I have been living my normal,simple, dull life?

           Being on the road with Cole was exciting, scary and dangerous. God I feel like Elena describing Damon in The Vampire Diaries but I guess I understood now. I don't want to keep living like how I used to, I don't always want to live with a safety assurance I wanted to live with danger, excitement and a slight safety I guess.