Chapter 23

Chapter 23 [edited]

            "Where are we off to now?" I asked Cole as he started the ignition. After the incident last night we had decided to go to bed and get some rest. I had helped Cole's mum to make breakfast this morning after we had some and got dressed we got ready to continue our trip. Carol was reluctant on letting Cole go but he promised that he will try to come and visit her.

"The base," Cole answered.

"The base?"

"Yes. The base where The Scorpions are at."

               My eyes widened, "are you sure that's a good idea. I mean it is filled with members from The Scorpions."

             "I know it is called The Scorpions base for a reason," I rolled my eyes at him, "but I just have to know what they want from us. From you."

"Cole this isn't the way to find out,"

"So how is the way to find out?"

"I don't know, but this is a stupid idea."

"Well in that case stupid is my middle name."

              I groaned, "You don't have to remind me why can't you just drive to Pennsylvania? All you have to do is go through a couple more states."

Cole clenched his jaw, "No. I need to know now besides I have unfinished business with Derek."

"Cole stop. This is stupid," He didn't say anything. This is so stupid! Why is he doing this?

Cole's P.O.V

              Despite Melissa's protests I drove towards the base. I don't know why I knew from my guts that I should just go to Pennsylvania but I couldn't control my hands and my feet. I knew that if we got to Pennsylvania quick then I'd have to say goodbye to Melissa and for some reason that thought hurt. I don't know why the hell I felt like this?

            I'm going to have to say goodbye to her sooner or later. What do I expect to happen? Do I really expect her to be on the run with my for my whole life? Running state to state, when she can have a normal life? I stole her from her life and now she's living with me in mine but only for now I reminded myself not forever.

            Melissa looked nervous but I let curiosity get the best of me, what did Derek want? I drove down a familiar path and all the past memories came back to me, I hated those memories. I pulled up on the side of road which led into a forest. I switched off the engine and Melissa looked around curiously.

"Why did we stop here?" Melissa asked.

"I need you to stay here," I told her

"Why? Where are you going?"

"To the base which is down the forest"

"Alone?"

"I can't risk you going there. What if we get caught and what if something happens to you?"

"What if something happens to you then what?"

"I can take care of myself,"

"and I can't?"

"Cole, you were just recently injured it's still healing. Let's go back or let me go with you!" 

              Why can't she just listen to me?! "Melissa stop being difficult just stay in the fucking car!" She looked shocked at my outburst and didn't say anything and I sighed, "Melissa I--"

              She shook her head and looked away, "forget it I'm used to your sudden stupid outbursts. There's a reason why I call you psychotic," that placed a smirk on my face, unintentionally she had lifted the mood in the car.

"Melissa--"

"Just go and do...whatever it is you need to do. I'll stay in this stupid car"

               "Hey don't hurt the car's feelings," she didn't play along and I sighed. I then did something surprising I placed a lingering kiss on her cheek, she softened her gaze and I left the car. I obviously carried two loaded guns with me as I walked towards the base. I had to know what they were up to. The place wasn't really guarded so it was easy to get close to the warehouse. I stood by a window which was open slightly. There was a couple of guys sat around a table drinking beers, one of them had a gun on them but I couldn't tell if the other guys did.

               "That girl was hot," one of the guys said, a smirk on his face as he took a sip of the beer, "blond, big boobs and a load of fun!"

A dark haired guy chuckled, "sounds like it"

Then there was a silence, "why does the boss want that girl?"

"Which girl?"

"The dark haired one; that hot girl we saw a picture of."

"The hell you talking about Carl? You drunk already?"

"Nah not yet, she's with that guy. I can't remember his damn name"

              There was another silence, are they talking about Melissa? "Oh you mean that one with that guy, um.. Colton?"

                "No, it was Cole!" My ears perked at that, so they were talking about me. For some reason it pissed me off that they called Melissa hot. I mean she was but they had no right to call her that oh snap out of it Cole!

             "Ah right, I don't really know he doesn't really share much. Heck I haven't even seen how he looks like!" Well this is pointless, "but I have heard that it's part of some plan to get back at someone" get back at someone?

"What do you mean?"

               The guy shrugged, "I don't know much but it's for some revenge or something?" Revenge? What has Melissa got to do with this? She has never heard of The Scorpions before. "but that's all I know," and then they started to talk about something else. Well this was kind of pointless. I was about to make my way to the car but the door of the warehouse opened.

"Well look who we have here!" A familiar gruff voice said.

"Let go of me you oaf," a familiar voice demanded.

Oh fuck!

                I looked up to see Melissa being dragged in by a familiar guy that we saw at the diner, the guy who she hurt before. I should know better than to leave her alone from previous events, great now I have to go in!

Picture: Cole (enjoy the picture, careful it's hot ;P )

Oh Cole, you should know better than to leave Melissa on her own! Tut, tut. Please feel free to make banners and inbox them to me. Banners with a quote from any chapter would be awesome :D