Chapter 33

Chapter 33 [edited]

Cole's P.O.V

The next day

   I was put back into my cell after having a small meeting with an officer who seemed sort of petrified of me, he kept his distance even though I was handcuffed and I think my height towering over his helped. I slumped down on the floor, leaning against the wall and thinking back to yesterday.

        I had to do that yesterday I had to be cold, the look on her face killed me and I wanted to hold her in my arms but I knew she had to move on and this was to give her a push. She couldn't be with me, I would most likely be found guilty and sentenced to life, even if I am found innocent and let out of this hell hole, my past will haunt me and with my criminal record and identity, we wouldn't have had a stable future together.

This was for her good.

"Are you sure?" I heard a male voice ask, it was another officer.

   "Yes I'm sure." A familiar voice replied, Kevin, "she didn't come home last night," I frowned were they talking about Melissa? I got up and stood closer to the bars, "I called Olivia and she wasn't at her place," they are talking about Melissa!

"Well, what does that mean?" Did she runaway?

"I- I don't know; I'm just worried about her."

"We'll get our team to ask people if they've seen her around and let you know."

   "Okay, thanks," I heard foot steps and Kevin stood in front of me in his usual dark uniform. "Kennedy your court hearing is today in a couple of hours I'd use this time to think of a statement"

"What happened with Melissa?" I asked him.

He gave me a stern look and paused, "Nothing"

I frowned and got up, "is she missing?"

  "I-" he looked around and sighed "she didn't come home last night, do you have an idea where she went?" I shook my head she didn't go home last night? Am I to blame?  "What did you say to her yesterday?" 

I looked down at the ground, "I told her to move on" 

"Move on?" 

"Yes she needs to move on from me," I looked up and he nodded.

  "I see, just focus on your statement and let me worry about my niece. Melissa told me what happened and we've hired a lawyer for you," He then walked away. How was I meant to focus on my statement when Melissa is missing? 

Fuck. Why do I feel so damn guilty?

Kevin's P.O.V

A couple of hours later

        There was still no trace of Melissa, where did she disappear off too? "Kevin, you're wanted" I looked up from the file on my desk, "there's a blond women outside for you"

 I frowned, "I'm coming," I told him. I put my file down and walked to the front to see Claire. "Claire what are you doing here? You're meant to be at home resting-"

"Kev I need to show you something," She told me urgently

"What happened?"

  "I- I went out to ask anyone if they've seen Melissa around and when I came back I found this note attached to the door," She handed me a piece of paper and I looked down at it and read it.

Melissa is with me, you know who to send for her. If you send the police she dies. I expect to see him there in two hours max if not then she dies. -

TS.

"Who is this person talking about?" Claire asked. "Who is TS?"

  I don't know why but I have a hunch as to who this person was talking about, "Kennedy, we need Cole Kennedy. TS I assume stands for The Scorpions? They're a gang. Claire you can't go back to the house they know where we-"

  "Kevin," Another voice called and I turned my head to see Olivia. I frowned. "Look I'm sorry to disturb you at work but I need to show you something," she handed me piece of paper.

I looked down at it and frowned, "a shopping list?" I asked.

  "What?" She frowned, "Oh no sorry here," she swapped the paper around and I saw that it was the same note that Claire had found.

"Where did you get this?"

  "I came out of the cafe and it was attached to my car. You guys got the same note didn't you? It's Cole that they want," I nodded "but who's TS I'm pretty sure it doesn't stand for Taylor Swift,"

        "Come with me," I walked into the station and walked towards Kennedy's cell but it was empty. What the hell?

"Where is he?" Claire asked.

"What time was his court hearing?" Olivia asked and I looked down at my watch.

          "It's in five minutes they must have taken him to the court. We need to get there," I answered. "Claire you stay here and tell some officers to prepare themselves."

"But the note said no police," She told me.

   I ran my fingers through my dark hair, " okay here's what we'll do; Claire you go tell them to prepare themselves just in case and tell them to hand you at least three guns, me and Olivia will go to the court now and then you can meet us there with the guns. Come with Joe, okay?" She nodded and walked away and then me and Olivia walked outside to my car.

       I quickly drove to the court using my sirens so we got there quicker then usual. The court hearing would have started now. As we reached it Olivia and me quickly got out of the car and ran into the building, it was a private court hearing but there were many press groups outside and they were bombarding us with questions which slowed us down.

  I kept Olivia by my side and walked into the court ignoring the press and then I ran into the court. Everyone stopped and looked at me, the judge frowned and looked my way,"agent Kevin, what is the meaning of this?" He greeted me and Cole turned to face me with a frown.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but we need to postpone the court hearing, we need Cole Kennedy." I told the judge.

"What does this issue concern?"

"It concerns the safety of my family as well as this case."

      The judge looked at me for a minute, "proceed, we'll postpone this court hearing." I nodded and walked towards Cole.

"Kennedy we need you," I told him and he frowned confused.

"It's about Melissa," Olivia told him.

"And The Scorpions," I handed him the letter, he read it and his eyes widened. 

"What do you need me to do?" He asked.

 what would you say the song for this book would be? Comment and vote.  Cole isn't a jerk he wanted her to move on ;)