Chapter 17

Chapter 17 [edited]

Cole pushed me closer to him. Our lips moved in sync, his hand gripped my hips and I ran my fingers through his brown hair. Our kiss deepened when I had gasped when he pulled me even closer to him.. Slowly I found myself being pushed down against the couch with Cole on top of me, his free hand trailing up my leg and then...

his phone rang.

Cole groaned, muttered some curse words and pulled away. I opened my eyes and he sat up getting his phone out of his pocket and answered, "hello?" He asked over the phone, there was a silence for a while and he sighed, "I'm fine Nate, it was Jason," again another silence, "yeah, yeah we're at the house right now," he then looked over at me, "yeah she's fine she has a cut lip though but other than that she's fine"... "okay fine I'll call you later." Cole put down his phone and we sat there in awkward silence. I mean what are you meant to say after you kissed a guy unintentionally?

I cleared my throat, "um- I'm going to go take a shower," I told him and he nodded. I grabbed our clothes bag off the floor and walked upstairs towards the main bathroom down the hall. Once I was in there I quickly turned on the light, locked the door and threw the bag down on the floor. Why did I kiss him? What was I thinking? Then I thought back to the kiss butterflies started swarming in my stomach and a blush rose to my face at the thought that Cole kissed me first. That's all I thought about- Cole kissed me first but why?

After I had showered and changed into some sweat pants and a t- shirt. I walked into one of the rooms and set the bag down on to the floor.  As I walked down the stairs an alluring aroma hit my nose and I followed the smell into the kitchen. Cole was stood besides the counter in plaid PJ trousers and a white t- shirt; his hair stood upwards slightly looking quite damp. He must have taken a shower as well. Try not to act awkward! 

"What ya cooking?" I asked, almost sounding like the girl from Phineas and Ferb.

Cole turned to face me, a small smile on his face, "spaghetti and meatballs. Don't worry I checked the dates on the ingredients," Cole answered.

"I didn't know you cooked." I know it was something simple but it had still surprised me that he even knows how to work the cooker.

"Well now you do and I just so happen to be an amazing cook."

I sat on the kitchen counter besides him my legs moving back and forth, "I'll be the judge of that" he smirked and continued cooking. Okay so far so good. After he was done I had set the plates and utensils down and he put the meal out. I sat down opposite Cole and he looked at me as I tasted the spaghetti and meatball, "this is amazing."

Cole smirked, "I told you so."

"Where did you learn how to cook?"

"I learnt from Maria... and my Mum."

I nodded slowly knowing that the subject of his Mum was a touchy one but I couldn't help but be curious. He told me he hadn't stayed in contact with his Mum before, "why don't you ever stay in contact with her?"

Cole sighed, there was a small silence and he spoke, "because I don't want her finding out of what I've become after I had left."

"Left?"

"I left her alone. I ran."

"Why?"

Cole looked at me, clenched his fists and threw his glass on the floor, "why is it so damn important to you?"

I stood up abruptly, "Oh my god. You're so psychotic! I only asked one damn question. Well, you know what? I'm sorry for actually caring and listening. I don't know what happened on the couch but I felt something and knowing that you can't even share anything with me means that you feel nothing towards me. You just bullshitted about trusting me so I can get that damn bullet out."

Hot and DangerousOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara