Chapter 37

Chapter 37 [edited]

One week later....

       Me and Olivia walked into the Church, we were both wearing a simple black dress. Olivia's brown hair was tied up in a pony tail and my dark hair was let loose in it's usual waves. Our eyes focused on the casket before us. It was surrounded by flowers and candles, a picture of him was placed before it. Many people had attended the funeral and me and Olivia stood before the entrance of the church.

"Isn't it strange how people just leave. People that you love just go?" Olivia told me.

       "It's so strange. I don't think anybody could get used to this feeling, ever. It's like they just disappear," I stated and looked at her 

"I mean..." I continued "I still- I still can't believe that Cole's gone. He's actually gone"

* * * * * *

      Derek had shot at Cole but missed his heart and Cole stumbled back falling besides me and then Derek shot at his leg making Cole hiss in pain and grip his leg. Then another bullet went off...

This time Derek cried out in pain.

         Olivia stood besides him a gun in her hand, she had shot at his leg so he fell to the floor and stared at her in surprise. I have to admit even I was surprised and my vision was turning slightly blurry as I turned to face Cole who dragged himself next to me and quickly hugged me. Faint sirens were heard from a distance and I hugged him back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You saved me again," I whispered

"I can't let you die," he whispered back

"Cole I-" I couldn't speak as pain shot threw me and I whimpered.

"Don't speak it'll only hurt"

Olivia's P.O.V  (Play the song on the side if you want)

    I had actually shot him. I stood there numb looking down at him as he stared wide eyed at me through the big blue eyes that I used to look for comfort, that I looked at times when we were intimate.

"I feel so happy when I'm with you. You make me feel safe," I told him as we lay down on the mat in the park under the tree seeking shade.

"Safe?" He voiced, "nobody feels safe with me"

            "I do," I looked up into his blue eyes as my chin rested on his chest and he looked down at my brown eyes, he had once told me that he loved my brown eyes because they always look gold under the sun, he told me how he loved that my pupils dilate when I look at him and I blushed at that. I loved how he noticed the little things about me.

"Why?"

        "Because you're always there for me. You comfort me, I don't know. I just feel like you'll always be there with me, protect me. Keep me safe. You make me feel like nothing can hurt me. You won't hurt me," I felt like Luke would protect me forever. The thought of spending the rest of my life with him made me blush. I had never felt like this for another guy before and I knew that I was falling head over heels for him.

          He held me closer to him and looked right into my eyes,"I promise you, Olivia, I'll always protect you. You mean so much to me. I won't hurt you... ever"  I smiled at that and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

      Was that all a lie? Did he lie to me? Did he never feel anything for me? "You can't kill me Olivia, you know you can't. You won't be able to bring yourself to do it." Derek said, clutching his wounded leg.