Chapter 18

Chapter 18 [edited]

Melissa's P.O.V 

       We were sat on the couch, watching day time t.v and eating cereal. I thought back to Cole's past, he had a tragic past. He put up walls and tried to act strong to show everyone that he didn't let it affect him but this morning I saw his vulnerable, soft side. I was glad that he had shared it with me.

"Hey feisty?" Cole asked and I rolled my eyes at him. I didn't bother correcting him.

"Yes psychotic criminal?" I answered.

Cole raised his eyebrow at me, "psychotic criminal?"

          "Yes, if you're calling me feisty then I'm going to call you that because frankly it's the truth. You're psychotic."

         Cole chuckled, "anyway, how did you learn to fight like that?" I frowned, "at the diner I saw you fighting off those guys."

            "Oh, well ever since uncle Kevin got the his task to track you down he made me and Olivia take self defence classes just in case."

               "I see," there was a silence "why do you live with your Uncle?" I knew in other words he was asking me what happened to my parents. I put my cereal down and tensed, this was a touchy subject for me, "y- you don't have to answer it."

I sighed "I- I can't talk about it"

              He frowned and then sighed, "it's okay Melissa but sometimes talking kinda helps I meant it sort of helped me"

            I nodded and a tear slipped out of my eyes as I thought back to that day it was all my fault, "not today, Cole."

               I felt comfort in Cole's word as I leaned into him. He then pulled apart so he could see my face and his soft lips met mine in a slow kiss. As we pulled away I opened my eyes still fazed by it. I wan't sure what me and Cole were or what our 'relationship' even meant, I mean we couldn't exactly be girlfriend and boyfriend but I liked kissing him and being close to him despite the little time we've known each other there was a bond between us. I could feel it.

                                                                                  * * *

               It had been an hour and we were currently playing 'catch the grape in your mouth from different distances' it's a fun game. "Move back a bit more," I told Cole and he moved back, "open wide," I threw a grape at him and it missed and hit his nose instead.

"Feisty. you have a crap aim at throwing stuff" Cole told me

              "Or maybe you just can't catch them," I threw the last one at him and he got it into his mouth "YES!" Cole chuckled and we looked down at the floor which was covered in grapes.

"Come on then help me pick it up,"

"what? No. It's hard work throwing them"

"seriously?"

"Yes my arm hurts," I did a puppy dog face and he groaned.

"Okay fine I'll pick it up," I smiled and rested on the couch.

"Hey Cole?"

"Mmm?"

"When are we leaving?"

              "Not today. Jason and his crew will first scavenge this area for us, if they survived the hit, and when they can't find us in  a couple of hours they would move on but they wouldn't break in to anybody's house since they don't want to drag much attention to themselves."

I scoffed, "oh yeah cause the incident at the diner won't attract any attention at all"

               "The police will also scavenge the area so we have to be careful when we leave tomorrow," I nodded.

"What are we going to do once we're in South Dakota?"

There was a silence, "I don't really know. I want to confront Derek but I have no idea."

I turned to face him, "do you still want to go or do you want to drive to Pennsylvania?"

                  Cole sighed, "I still want to go. I need to go," I frowned but nodded. After Cole had picked up the grapes off the floor I approached him in the kitchen, "so what do you want to do today, Feisty?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "It's Melissa"

"Whatever. Just pick something."

I sighed, "I would say sight seeing but we can't really can we?"

Cole stopped what he was doing, "actually we can,"

"We can?"

"Yes, get ready Feisty we're going sight seeing in Montana." I smiled and jumped off of the couch.

Picture: Cover by asterism, thanks for it! :)

Sorry it's short but I've been really busy this week and this is as much as I could type... oh and I had writers block... FUDGE OFF WRITER'S BLOCK! I'm taking Cole and Melissa's relationship quite slow and still developing it but I hope it doesn't seem like I'm rushing it. Comment and vote :) Banners are still welcome by the way :D