Chapter 16

Chapter 16 [edited]

             Cole pushed me under a table and I looked over to see some guys with guns walking into the diner through the place where the glass had been,couldn't they have come in through the damn door? It's there for a reason! "Cole," a voice taunted, "come out, come out where ever you are." I caught a glimpse of the source that the voice belonged to and saw that it was the guy from the park and the service station.  I then turned to face Cole who had his fingers on his lips, he nudged his head towards a small gap which would lead us behind the counter.

             I followed him quietly, people were hysterically running around and trying to escape. Then the guys started shooting in random places and I held in my shriek as I moved closer to Cole behind the counter. "Melissa" He called to me in a whisper and I turned to look at him, "if anything happens then shoot those bastards! Don't hesitate." I looked at him wide eyed but nodded, "good now keep low. I'm going to go out there."

           He moved to get up but I pulled him back and whispered harshly, "What? Are you crazy? They're going to kill you."

             He shook his head, "no they won't they want something so they won't kill me easily," then he smirked, "besides I've got protection" he flashed me his gun.

"But there's four of them and one of you."

             He sighed, "if I don't get out then all these people will die," that surprised me slightly, Cole actually cared for people he didn't know? Maybe he wasn't as cold hearted as I had first thought of him to be. He got up and I cowered away into the corner.

            "I'm here," Cole stated. I moved my body slightly to see the other guy who was smirking, "I'm here Jason, what do you want?"

             "Well I want to kill you," Jason stated "but I can't under the bosses orders. Apparently I have to take you to him alive," then I saw him look around, "and that girl of yours. Quite an eye candy isn't she?"

Cole's jaw clenched as well as his fists "if he wanted me alive then why do you have guns?"

               Jason smirked, "He didn't say anything about hurting you slightly," Jason fired a shot and Cole missed it quick enough for the bullet to bounce off of the wall. I looked around to see that the rest of the people were trapped in the mayhem and they were hiding under a table, an old women saw me and I quickly hid away. "Still got the moves Kennedy, I'm not surprised though," he shot again and Cole ducked. Cole winked at me and got out his gun, "and armed, well this should be fun. Boys look for the girl." 

              Cole shot at Jason and I hid away unaware of how things looked up there. One of the men came around to my side and I peered my head from besides the counter to look at him and he bent down to look at the people under the table. He took his phone and showed it to the people that had attempted to hide away, "now..." he said in a gruff voice, "have any of yous seen this girlie around here?" He has a picture of me? He must have gotten it online from a news website. No one replied and he shot at the table leg causing them to let out a shriek, "if you don't speak now then you all die."

                 The old women looked at me, tears in her eyes and she pointed at me, "t-there she is" she pointed out and I quickly hid away as the man looked in my direction, fucking hell!  I heard a gun shot. I tried to move away but suddenly rough hands grabbed my forearms and pulled me up, he gripped my chin and forced me to look up into his harsh brown eyes.

          "Well aren't you a pretty one," He stated with a smirk and then spun me around to face Jason, "I found her," He stated proudly as if he was a kid who had found the special Easter egg during an egg hunt.  Cole turned to face me and my breath got caught in my throat as the man held a gun to my head.