Chapter 25 - Forgiveness

*(A/N)*

Please vote if you would like me to keep writing this fanfic.

Thank you. x

----------------------------------------------

*Melody's POV*

I wake up in my own bed. 'Well duh' I sit up. I have a headache. Must be the hangover. It's not too bad though. I see Eleanor in my bathroom brushing her teeth. She must have slept with me last night. Wow, could she be any more of a good friend? She notices me.

She walks towards me after brushing her perfect white glossy teeth. "You're up!" She said with a smile.

"Haha, yeah." I say awkwardly for some reason.

"So, you okay?"

No.

"Uhh, yeah. I think I'll be fine." I lied.

"Okay." She was pleased with my answer. Soon after, there was a knock at the door. El looked at me.

"Come in!" I yell not knowing who it is. I swear to God if it's Nia-

The door slowly opened and Niall's head poped inside. Oh great, I thought. I wasn't ready to talk to him yet. I was still over coming my hangover. He walked in slowly and noticed I was in pain. "You got a hangover too, huh?" He asked, already knowing the answer. I nodded. "Me too." He said. El looked at me again, but it was a different look this time.

"I'll give you two some privacy." She stated, walking out of my bedroom. Oh great Eleanor, leave me here with Niall.

"So?" He asked, thinking I would finish his sentence. But I didn't. He's a man, he can speak for himself and tell me, his girlfriend, if he wants to say something. Then finally he started speaking again.

"I just want you to know that I'm soooo sorry about last night. You know I didn't mean anything I said to you, besides 'I love you' of course." He looked at me, with sad, hurt eyes.

"I know Niall, but-"

"But what?"

"You really hurt me, and you said you never would. I know we were drunk, even though you were more drunk, I still can't believe the Niall I know, would say something so horrible to the girl he loves." I state. "That is, if you even do actually love me." I finish.

He looks at me, in a way, that I'll never forget.

*Niall's POV*

I look at her, so much regret and pain inside my tired eyes. I do love her, with everything I have. EVERY FIBER IN MY BEING. But I would understand why she might think that, I acted like a bloody drunken fool last night. I can't seem to forgive myself, so I wouldn't be upset if she didn't forgive me either.

"I know what I said was horrible, and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't forgive me. It's just-" I paused for a second. "People make mistakes, and I was a bloody drunken fool Mel. You know ME. I know you do. You know I would NEVER intend to hurt you like that. I guess I was just so lost and confused because you were everything I could ever have hoped for. And I always wondered why you would ever like someone as terrible as me.." I finally choked out, how I really felt.

Her eyes glisten from the sunrise through the shiny window. The sunshine makes her face glow like the sun's hot bursting lava. I just hoped we could still be... us.

"I love you Niall and I can't believe you would think that. I'm lucky enough to even know you! Let alone date you. You're everything I could have ever wanted. I just wished you would see yourself like I see you." She said. I felt releaved. Having a feeling that she was gonna forgive me.