Chapter 33 - The After Effect

*Melody's POV*

I have to call the boys. I can barely even find the will to pull out my phone and call Niall. But I have to. I try to clear up my sobbs as much as I can but I honestly can't stop. I don't even know If I will ever be able to.

I press the call button and Niall is on my speed dial. It rings twice. He finally answers. My heart beating so fast I can barely hear my own thoughts. It was gonna be so hard to tell him over the phone, even if I could anyway.

"Mel. Where are you princess? We are already back at the flat. When are you gonna be home?" He stopped, then started again. "Oh and we've been waiting for Liam too. He must have gone to Danielle's or something."

I couldn't find my voice to respond.

"Mel? Are you okay?" He asked.

I found somehow to speak. "L-Liam." I choke out, my voice weak from crying.

"Melody! Where are you? Are you with Liam?"

"L-L-Liam's d-d" I can't say it.

"Mel!!!"

I say it before he can try to get ou anymore words. "Liam's dead." My eyes grow wide, knowing now that I've finally said it.

"W-What?!" He said so shockingly, but calmly, like as if he didn't believe what I was saying. "You're lying."

All I did was cry and cry.

"Where are you Melody?..." He asked, sounding as if he was going to explode. But he asked in a calm and easy voice.

"Oakland bridge." I said faintly. I felt like passing out from all the crying.

"Don't move." I heard a click, knowing he had hung up.

I sat there, against the railing, still trying to process what just happened. I wanted it to be a dream. But I knew it wasn't. It was a nightmere. A nightmere of reality.

I glance over and see the envelope. Oh my god...

I quickly grab it. It was addressed to our house. But there was no send back information. I know why. I open it and unfolded it slowly. I start to read it carefully, already knowing what it was written on it.

Dear Everyone,

I'm sorry you all had to go through the pain of me leaving without a personal face to face goodbye. I just couldn't anymore, you know? It was just too much. It's none of your guises fault. I'm sorry I didn't talk to any of you. I just couldn't. I don't know why. You all had your own problems going on and I didn't want to bother you with mine, considering you all already were going through something. I never wanted to hurt any of you. But I know I already have. But It's not like I'm hurting Danielle. Considering she broke up with me a week ago. I'm sorry I never told any of you. Especially all the pain I was dealing with for the past 5 months. It was also hard knowing that I liked Melody the moment I saw her, but Niall got her. I guess I can't blame them. I am happy for them, I am. But deep down, I still wish she would've fallen in love with me instead. I'm sorry you couldn't save me in time. No one could. I'm sorry whoever found out, all the pain I've caused you. I'm sorry if I wasn't a good friend, or bandmate. I know people cared, but that didn't stop me from feeling this way or hating myself. I wish I could turn back time, and go back to the way things used to be. Lately I have seen everyone be in a better mood and more happier, if you are, then I'm really glad. At least you all found your happiness. But as for me, I couldn't. I am just so sorry. I just want you all to know that. And I will never forget any of you. I'm thankful I met you all. I hope you all live a long and happy life. Goodbye.