Meetings with the Stars

Well today is the day. The day I meet One Direction.

Hopefully they don't run away. Probably will though because I'm so ugly. Everybody does. They all seem to run away.

Why do people hate me? Why does nobody love me? Why do I have to be so ugly?

Some questions can be answered but not all of them.

I hate my body but more importantly I hate my life.

Pulling down my sleeves, scars hidden from the world; just how I like them. Hidden.

As I'm locking up the door, snickers vibrate through my ears. Of course. It's them.

Shaniah, Katie, Emma and Giana. The Bitches.

My dark top hides the waist line of my black jeans. Black converse slapping the pavement. The click clack of heels echoing through the quiet and deserted street. In my head I'm screaming 'Leave Me Alone' but I never speak. I've gone mute.

Laughter mocks me as they stalk behind me. As the hall comes into view screaming girls are running around. Everywhere.

Oh Dear Lord.

My Claustrophobia kicks in and I start shaking. As I take my place in line, The Bitches shove past and cut through the line. They think they have so much authority over everyone but NO!

A mother and her youngish daughter wait in front of me. The girl looks up a huge, excited grin on her face. Throwing a fake smile down to her I hope I look as happy and excited as she is. The fake smile starts fading at the corners of my mouth. The line moves slowly and as I look up from my feet the table is so close but so far away.

The security guard asks for my book. Handing it up to him, I climb up the steps. Looking behind, I'm last in line. Turning around I come face to face with Niall Horan. His breathtaking eyes stare up into my plain ones, holding me.

Breaking the contact, I shuffle past Harry, Zayn and Louis who all look up and scrawl in my book. Fake smiling at all of them I stop in front of Liam. Looking up at him, his chocolate brown eyes stare into mine, searching into my soul but in reality he is just searching my face. Reaching for my book, my sleeve slips up revealing my scars to the world.

Fuck.

Liam looks from my wrist to my face. Shock written everywhere. He stands up suddenly and wraps me up in a bear hug. Whispering in my ear, he says "You're beautiful please don't cut. Please. Always remember you're beautiful."

Tears start rolling down my cheeks. My shoulders start to shake and Liam tightens his grip around me, rocking me back and forth slowly.

I feel like I'm always living in fear. Never knowing what each day holds.

Great I'm crying. In public. One rule I live by is never to cry in public, you look weak and are a target.

That's what I am. A target. I'm walking around with a giant bullseye on my back, waiting for a dart or stab. Always having to hold my breath. Not knowing what's around each corner. My chest feels like it's tight and constricted. Not knowing what air feels like, tastes like in my dry lungs.