Who Is Gonna Save Me??

I lie under the warm hotel blankets, the coffee cup is now empty. The bells of laughter mock my horrible mood. The thumping of the energetic boys encourages a headache to come. Deciding of having enough, I stalk out of the bedroom and go straight to the bathroom. Shutting the door quietly and locking it, I fumble through my hidden toiletries bag. The familiar cold metal grazes my fingertips and I can't help the smile that has grown on my lips.

Sitting my body on the tiled floor, I come to the terms that I promised I would move on from this. But not all bad habits can be broken. Once again I take the blunt blade to my wrist. Hmm, I need some more. Dragging the piece of blunt metal across my forearm, the smile evolves into a grin.

I thought we were past this?

Old habits die hard.

Why am I speaking to myself? I must be going insane. Guys I need to be emitted into the closest mental hospital!!

A glow protrudes from under the bathroom door.

"Jordan? I thought we agreed on keeping the door unlocked and open?" Liam asks through the piece of wood. If only he knew what I was doing.

"I know but I need some time to myself. I need to think." I reply faintly. I wince as the blade slips further inside of my arm.

"Jordan are you okay?" He asks for the fiftieth time today.

"I'm fine Liam! Why can't you just trust me?!" I ask. My subconscious is screaming at me to stop digging the blade into my arm, but the feeling that is developing is.. indescribable. Silence follows my question and I know that I won. That's what I thought. I think smugly.

A warm liquid slips down my arm. The crimson colour that dribbles a path down my arm, drips onto the tiled floor, staining it. Wrenching the blade from my arm, I breathe in a shaky breath. Exhaling it and inhaling another, I get to my feet. Rinsing a small towel with cold water, I wipe up the mess on the floor and then cover the mess on my arm.

They boys can't know about this. They can't know that I cut so deeply into my arm. Once again I wince as a overpowering pain sears through my skin. A strangled scream escapes from my lips as I feel myelf falling. The ground suddenly becomes extremely close.

Another scream falls from my lips, this one ear piercing as my head comes into contact with the hard floor. My vision quickly darkens and then fades into nothing.

•Liam's POV•

It's been awhile since we've seen Jordan so quiet.

After I found her tear stained at the cemetery, I knew something wasn't quite right. Blonde was sneaking in at her roots, bags and dark circles hung under her eyes and she looked exhausted.

All of the boys told me to drop it, to leave her alone. But being the persistent bastard I am, I kept looking for her. I had to make things right between us and her. I needed to set boundaries with her using the bathroom. I can't let her go back to self inflicted injuries. I can't live with myself if I turn away and don't do anything to help.

So to start forming a trust bond between her and me, I made her black coffee, her favourite. I bought her hair dye, I'm trying extremely hard to get her to trust me, again.

"So Harry's making a meal tonight, will you join us??" I ask, hope hidden in my words.

She replies with a sarcastic answer but then retreats to her room, coffee cup in hand. Something is still not right.

Brushing it aside, I join the boys in the lounge and continue our game of tag.

Looking around I can see the carefree smiles of my friends, I can hear the joyous laughter as they run around the small room, dodging the expensive furniture.

As we settle down on the couches, still giggling. I hear a door being softly closed. Its none of the boys, it ain't any of the girls, it must be Jordan. I can hear the faint click of the lock being used.

God Dammit.

Pushing myself up from the couch, all smiles an laughter gone, I lightly wrap my knuckles across the closed door.

"Jordan? I thought we agreed on keeping the door open and unlocked?" I question through the door.- which is still closed.

"I know but I need some time to myself. I need to think." Jordan replies. What a feeble attempt at the lie.

"Are you okay Jordan?" I ask, still feeling unsettled. Something is gravely wrong.

"I'm fine Liam! Why can't you just trust me!?" Because you can never trust a depressed person by themselves locked in a bathroom. Not having a reasonable comeback, I exit the hallway and sit back down on the sofa.

As I sit down, an ear piercing scream sounds from the bathroom.

Jordan.

Jumping up from my relaxed position, I run the the bathroom door. Trying the handle, it's still locked. Stepping back slightly, I shove my shoulder against the locked door. It doesn't budge. Shoving up against it again, I add more force.

The door falls open to reveal a brunette unconscious on the bathroom floor bleeding herself dry. A bloodied towel lays next to her bleeding wound. Crouching down next to her, I try to find a pulse. Feeling along her wrist, along her neck, anywhere.

Returning to her wrist, a faint pulse beats against my fingertips.

"BOYS CALL AN AMBULANCE!!!" I scream.

"Why?!" Niall asks, sounding alarmed.

"JUST DO IT FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!" I reply as I apply pressure to the wound. The towel becomes warm in my hand and I know I'm loosing the battle. Adding more pressure, I grab another towel to take the place of the soaking crimson one.

Her chest barely rises and falls as I quickly run out of all hope on saving this girl.

I have seen many nicks, cuts, grazes and shallow wounds through out my young life but never in my entire life, have I seen a wound this deep.