I'm Broken

Gathering the lads up, we sleepily walk into Jordan's room. Closing the door after us, she directs us into the kitchen.

"Each of you take a plate." She commands, pointing to the porcelain plates. With the cold object in my hands, Jordan stands directly in front of me. My heart starts to thump uncontrollably against my chest and my palms become sweaty at the close proximity.

"Drop it." She states. Following her order, the plate slips from my touch and shatters to pieces on the ground. Three biggish pieces and multiple small pieces litter the floor at our feet. I can feel five pairs of eyes burning holes into my face.

Bottles of superglue also sit on the table.

"Right pick up the pieces and put them back together." Nodding my head slightly, I bend down and pick up each piece. A shatter next to my left hand sends minuscule pieces of porcelain into my hair. A voice echoes in my ear as I concentrate on the porcelain on the floor in front of me. Three more shatters bounce off the kitchen walls.

A chair scrapes across the ground as Jordan takes a seat.

Sitting up straight, She pushes a bottle of glue towards me.

"Put it back together." She repeats. Uncapping the bottle, I attempt to put the plate back together again. Four more chairs scrape across the ground. Grunts of annoyance fill my ears as Jordan sits there silent, watching us with caution.

"I give up!!" Louis says suddenly. Mumbles of agreement fill the room as the boys struggle to put the plate back together.

"I can't do this anymore." I state, throwing my arms up in the air in defeat. Slowly nodding her head, Jordan stands up.

"Do you see what happened? You broke something and you attempted to put it back together again. I'm just like those plates you broke.

Broken for so long. And now when someone tries to put me back together they can't figure out what pieces go where. That's just it. I can't be fixed and I can't be put back together. So stop trying." She says.

"Now please leave me alone." She mumbles.

"Jordan! Can you please think about our offer?" Liam asks as we are leaving.

"For the last fucking time. I am not touring with you!!!" Jordan says through clenched teeth. Clasping my hand around his bicep, I tug on Liam's arm, attempting to exit the hotel room.

"I'm sorry Jordan." I state as we finally leave the scarred girl alone with five broken plates. A confused expression settles over her face as I pull the door closed behind me.

"Liam, why in the hell are so persistent in getting Jordan to tour with us?" Louis asks as we all gather in the lounge.

"It's a long story." Liam starts with a grimace.

"Care to explain?" Harry asks with an extravagant hand gesture.

"Before XFactor even crossed my mind, a close friend of mine was in the same emotional state as Jordan,"

"Was?" I ask, cocking my head to the side slightly.

"He killed himself three days before my audition. I wasn't going to audition anymore because he was the one that encouraged me to go through with the audition. Anyway. Mum said that I should audition for my friend and so I did." Liam finishes, a tragic look in his eyes as he looks off into the distance.

That puts a lot of things into perspective.

"Liam," I start, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"No. I don't want to talk about it anymore." He states, shoving my hand off his shoulder.

"Okay I understand mate but if you wanna talk, we're here." I say with a tight smile. He nods his head, a grim smile plastered on his lips. Sauntering off towards his room, Liam closes his door quietly and nothing else has been said. Poor Liam.