Hospitals and Injuries

Zayn

As I try to keep up with Niall, his blonde hair disappears within the crowd of shoppers. How can there be this many people out on a day like today!!??

As I round the corner, a girl is dressed from head to toe in black, a duffel sits at her feet and long brown hair falls down her back. That can be only one girl an one girl only.

"JORDAN!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!!!!???" I scream out in fear. Her body twists around so she is facing me and my Irish mate. Blood trickles down her fingertips and palm as the cut leaks the crimson substance. She calls something out. What did she say??

Before I can say anything more to her, she drags the bloody blade across her skin once more. Looking across at Niall, tears have welled up in his eyes at the scene playing before him. I can feel my jaw hanging open in shock as she falls to the ground, calling out a boys name. Telling him she'll be with him soon. Are we watching Jordan commit suicide??

Niall falls to his knees at her head. Blood covering her pale wrist. Deep gashes in her arm tell the tale of a broken girl who has had enough with this cruel, judgemental world.

Sirens squeal in the distance as bystanders watch in shock, fear and disgust? Shaking hands try and stop the bleeding.

An ambulance pulls to a stop, sirens wailing as paramedics rush to the scene. Pushing us out the way, they stop the circulation of blood to the deep wounds. Wrapping gauze around each cut, they place Jordan on a stretcher. An oxygen mask is placed over her mouth and nose, as her chest barely rises and falls. Pushing her inside of the ambulance, we are left standing there as they drive away, taking our friend to the hospital.

Liam

"Louis there was no need to punch a hole in the wall." Paul says calmly.

"Jordan fucking stabbed my best friend!! You don't think I'm going to be pissed off!!!??" Louis screams back. Paul pinches the bridge of his nose as Harry places a hand on Louis shoulder.

"Mate calm down. Hey! Where is Zayn and Niall??" Harry asks.

"They ran after Jordan." I say, my voice croaky after not having spoken in a while.

Zayn:

Can you meet us at the park on Billford Street?

Liam:

Sure. Why? What's wrong?

Zayn:

I'll explain everything when you get here. Hurry!!

"Guys, we need to go NOW!!" I say, striding out the door. Footsteps echo mine as we walk to the lobby and then the carpark.

"Liam, what's wrong. What's going on in that head of yours?" Paul asks as we strap in

"To be honest with you Paul, I have no idea." Harry raises an eyebrow at my comment and Louis is sulking. His arms are folded over his chest and his bottom lip is pouting. Pulling out of the secret parking area, we speed off to the destination of Billford Street.

Zayn runs up to the window as Niall is kneeling in the grass, a black duffel bag at his side.

"We need to get to the hospital now!" Zayn cries out.

"Zayn slow down! You need to explain everything." Paul says as we walk towards Niall. Louis and Harry stay in the car because they can't be bothered climbing out.

"You know how Jordan confessed to stabbing Harry? Well she just made two deep cuts across her wrist and she's been taken to hospital. We need to go NOW!!!" He explains as he throws her bag over his shoulder. Niall looks up at us, tears slowly rolling down his cheeks. Holding a hand out to him, I heave him off the ground and we make our way back to the SUV.

With Niall in tow, we make it to the car without the paparazzi hounding us with questions and photos. Buckling in, we start on our journey to the local hospital. Why is Niall fiddling with the bags zipper?? What's the bags importance??

"What's in the bag Niall?" I finally ask, after I clear my throat.

"I don't know Liam. It's Jordan's." he replies quietly. Oh.

Pulling to a stop. The car door slides open and we rush inside of the hospital. Desperate to not be caught by fans.

As the hospital doors glide close behind us, we are instantly told to go to the waiting area. I hate waiting. I hate waiting for the good or bad news. Waiting in the hospital; it's antagonising. Never knowing what the outcome will be.

We aren't very close to Jordan, but I feel as if we have had some part to play in all of... this. In this mess of feelings and the truth.

"Jordan Wells?" Standing up slowly, I walk towards the nurse; cautious.

"In what relation are you to Jordan?" She asks.

"I'm her cousin." I say quickly, my brain going a million miles per hour.

"Come with me please." She says with a raised eyebrow. I don't think she believes me.

"Is Jordan okay?" I asks, feeling distressed.

"Okay isn't a word I would use to describe the situation," Sally, the nurse, starts. "She was lucky to miss the main artery in her wrist. If Jordan had cut just a little more deeper, she wouldn't be here right now." Sally continues talking but shock is running through my body.

"Can you please repeat what you just said." I ask, feeling extremely dazed.

"Jordan suffered from major blood loss and is having a blood transfer at the moment. We'll have to keep her over night for observation." Nodding my head slowly, I process what I have just been told. "And by the way Liam, I know you're not her cousin." Sally says, walking away with a smirk on her face.

Walking away myself, I can feel the colour leaving my face. Draining of the blood.

"Liam?" Zayn asks hesitantly. Shaking my head I say nothing. Should I tell them? I mean they have the right to know, but I don't know how they'd react. Is it risky?

"Liam, she's asking for you." Sally calls from afar. Nodding my head, I shove my chair across the floor and follow Nurse Sally into Jordan's room.

The door opens slowly. As I walk in, the door closes quietly behind me.

Taking a seat next to her bed, scars line each forearm and wrist. Without thinking my thumb grazes over the scars on her right wrist. Each scar tells a different story of pain and suffering. Long and deep, short and shallow. Different scars with different meanings.

"Liam?" A broken voice barley whispers out. Looking up from her arm to her face, a tube runs up her nose and a heart monitoring machine shrieks out with each of Jordan's slow heart beat. Her chest barely rises and falls.

Jordan is barely alive.