Hiccups

•Louis•

Hiccups. What are they? Why are they so annoying?

"Liam, what are hiccups?" I ask, as my voice goes funny from a hiccup.

"Louis, it's a spasm in your throat. It'll pass don't worry." He says with a tight smile.

"Liam. Why are hiccups so annoying?" I ask knowing that I'm pissing him off now.

"I don't know Louis." Liam says with a deep sigh. Ever since Liam's little confession, everything's kind of been tense. He's been texting Danielle and dark circles hang under his eyes from lack of sleep.

"I don't wanna leave without Jordan." I say sadly. The boys nodding in agreement as we sit around on the couch, waiting for time to pass before we have to leave for the road.

A knock echoes through the quiet room as we all sit still, dumbfound. Liam being the responsible one he his, heaves himself off the couch and stumbles towards the door. Unlocking and turning the knob, in the doorframe stands a beautiful girl with a note in her shaking hand. Jordan stands there, the piece of paper quivering in the light of the corridor.

"Jordan?" Liam asks in disbelief as she sidesteps him and the tear stained girl stops in front of us. In unison we all sit up straight and make room for her.

"I want to say something," she starts quietly.

•Jordan•

After rushing around the room, clothes falling from my arms and hands, I zip up my duffel bag and set it on the table. Grabbing the handwritten note from earlier, I gather my thoughts and prepare mentally and physically for what is to come next.

Closing my hotel door quietly, I tip toe nervously down the hall to room 206. Connecting my fist with the wooden door, footsteps come closer as I can see the shadow on the other side of the door.

"Jordan?" A surprised Liam asks as he opens the door. Stepping around him, I stop at the two couches. The boys slip and slide as they adjust their bodies to make room for me.

"I want to say something," I start, unsure on my words.

"What do you want to say Jordan?" Louis says, narrowing his perfect eyes.

"I want to say sorry for all of my heated outbursts. I don't really know what's come over me. I guess I'm not used to people trying help me through life. Ya know?" I explain, looking up from my twiddling thumbs. No one has said anything. A shocked silence filling the air as my apology sinks in.

"Jordan." Zayn says wrapping his arms around me in a bear hug. Tensing every muscle possible, he backs off, a hurt expression glued on his face.

"Sorry Zayn. Physical contact is.... an unknown thing to me." I say, my eyes sewn on the coffee table.

"Jordan, I have a friend." Louis' bubbly voice is all serious.

"And?" I ask, scared of what is to come.

"She gave me some advice..."

"What kind of advice?!" I ask sharply, my head snapping up as my eyes narrow into slits.

"On helping you." He states, talking slowly and cautiously.

"What do you mean?" I ask, panic laced in my voice. "What do you mean by helping me Louis!!??" I ask again, standing up, my hands are shaking as anger travels through my veins.

"She said that we need to be here for you. That we need to let you talk it all out and everything." He states matter of factly. The anger builds up and up as I don't say anything to Louis.