Chapter 5

I DO NOT own Teen Wolf, only Melanie and a few of her plot lines.

Lily Collins as Melanie

_________________

I walked through the locker room fairly quickly to join Allison and Lydia on the bleachers. As per usual. We were going to watch the lacrosse team practice. And thankfully, All the guys were already warming up on the field, so I wasn't invading anyone's privacy or anything.

But clearly, I was wrong about the locker room being vacant, for I spotted Scott looking distressed, his body lent up against the wall. I put my hand on his shoulder as he jumped, whipping his head around to face me.

"Hey." I smiled at him. "Why aren't you out there with everyone else?"

"Just thinking." He responded bluntly, his body tense underneath my grip.

"I heard Allison gave you a second chance..that's great Scott!" I attempted to cheer him up. It was obvious he was extremely stressed out, so I retracted my hand from his shoulder.

"No it's not great!" He snapped, running his hand through his mop of a head.

"Why?" I replied hesitantly, taking a step back.

"Because her father shot me with a crossbow."

Well, I can add that to my list of sentences I never thought I'd hear.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Why on earth would her father shoot you with a cross bow?"

"Because he's a freaking hunter!" Scott yelled. It still didn't make much sense, mainly because I was still a bit rusty on this whole werewolf thing. But I do recall Stiles telling me a bit about hunters out to get werewolves or some sort. And they were not the type that hunted squirrels or birds. I still think this is all Insane.

"So her father.."

"Is a hunter." He finished for me.

"That shot you?" I questioned.

"With a crossbow."

It took a moment before my mind was able to process it, so I attempted to ask again.

"Her father-"

"Yes her father!" Scott yelled a bit too loudly.

"Does Stiles know?" I questioned, tucking some hair behind my ear. He nodded, still panicking. "Ok..Hey, hey he didn't recognize you right?"

"No...no." Scott started, "I don't think so?"

"And she doesn't know, right?"

Scott began panicking. "I-I don't know. What if she does?"

My head whipped around towards the door as the familiar whistle blew. Coach was signalling that practice was beginning. "Just focus on lacrosse alright?"

Scott nodded his head before we both rushed out of the locker room. Scott took to the field and me to the bleachers.

"Hey." I smiled at Lydia and Allison, plopping down not-so-gracefully onto the metal bleachers.