Chapter 33

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.

______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

I sat in silence on my granite counter, watching timidly as Stiles wrapped my arm with bright white gauze.

His eye brows were furrowed, and his face contorted in complete and utter focus. It was adorable. It unfortunately did sting a bit, but I didn't really mind. Him and I were safe, and to me that's all that mattered.

"It's funny." I began to speak, Stiles finally completing his previous task. Taking the remainder of the gauze and shoving tightly into a petite first aid kit my mother owned.

He looked up at me, a small grin plastered about his face. "What?"

"It was just us three, in the woods one night. Like, who would have known that some animal would come and change all of our lives drastically."

Stiles chuckled, shrugging and helping me off of the counter. "It's weird how so many things can happen in just one night."

"I know." I chuckled, "and thanks."

Stiles cocked an eye brow, licking his lips, "Thanks for what?"

"For helping me." I paused. "And being there. Not a lot of people have been there for me. But you. Stiles, you've been there for me more than anyone else."

A large smile enlightened his features, "You too. You helped me through a lot when my mom died."

As our talking continued, we found ourselves sitting on my brown couch. The two of us simply enjoying one another's presence.

"I feel bad." I frowned along with the shake of my head. "My mom, she's trying her best. She works because she has to. And, I know that. But, I always feel like she's just not there for me. Again, I know she's trying her best, so I can't help but just feel guilty."

"No I get it. You shouldn't feel guilty though. Not at all. I think it's normal to think like that, I mean c'mon were teenagers. We need our parents. And, us both lacking a parental figure in our lives– it's hard."

"Yeah." I chuckled, "tell me about it."

"And my dad. He's the Sheriff, so he's off almost getting himself killed just to make a living. And– I feel like I'm always letting him down. I make first line for one time in my freaking life and I don't even show up." Stiles sighed, his head low in disappointment. "It sucks."

"Trust me, Stiles. Your dad will understand. I know Papa Stilinski and he's one of the most understanding dad's I know." I grinned re-assuringly. Us both laughing slightly. "And I promise you're not letting him down."

"You're really cool, you know that?"

I laughed lightly, shaking my head as his cheeks tinted with red. "Thanks Stilinski, you're pretty cool yourself."

He looked up at me, our eyes meeting as if it were instant. We were so close to each other, that if we were to both just lean in a bit closer, our lips would miraculously be touching.

His eyes briefly trailed down to my mouth, a small smile making its way onto my face.

And before I knew it, the both of us were leaning in. His eyes fluttered closed as mine mocked the mere action. Our lips almost brushing against one another's, when Stiles' phone began to blast confidently with All Time Low.

We both jumped about one thousand feet in the air, hitting the carpeted floor  with a thud. My eyes shifted to Stiles on the ground across from me, one hand on his heart, and one gripping his black device tightly.

As Stiles answered his phone, it gave me a few seconds to think. Were we actually about to do that, was that actually happening? Or was it just in the moment? Was that just nothing, or was it something? It had to be something, right?

Stiles lowered his phone, eyes trailing back to me. "I have to get to the lacrosse field, I-uh–my dads waiting there for me."

I nodded, giving him a small smile. "Okay, I'll see you later."

Stiles clambered to his feet, almost tripping over himself before he got out the door. Once it was shut I gave myself a quizzed look.

What just happened?

•~•~•

"The Argents think that Jackson is the second beta?" I asked from the backseat, almost chuckling at the words in which left my mouth.

I was currently in the back of Stiles' jeep, nothing too different. Apparently Scott had forgotten to mention that Allison's family believe that Jackson is the second beta. Something about a scratch on his neck. Well, anyways we were looking for the boy.

Stiles and I haven't spoken about what had happened the other night. He hadn't mentioned anything so I thought that I should just go ahead and keep my mouth shut as well.

"I don't know!" Scott sighed,  "All I know is that Kate saw the scratch on the back of his neck."

"Can a werewolf be turned by a scratch?" Questioned Stiles, making a sharp turn to the left. My body consequently sliding towards the right as well.

"Allison's dad seems to think so."

Stiles then turned into the school, our eyes shifting all about the parking lot in hopes to find Jackson. And sure enough, there he was.

Mr. Argent and him bent over the back of Jackson's expensive Porsche. Stiles halted with an abrupt stop. Causing me to about slam my face into the back of Scott's headrest.

"Beautiful way to stop the car." I mumbled, Stiles shooting me a quick apologetic glance before rolling down the window.

"Sup." he smiled awkwardly as I poked my head between the two boys.

"How ya doing Mr. Argent?"

Jackson never looked more happy to see the three of us in his entire life. He looked extremely nervous as well, a bead of sweat trickling down his contorted face.

Allison's father just glared at us, his eyes sending death threats as he put on a fake smile.

"Everything okay?" Scott questioned, raising an eye brow.

"Hi, Your friend here was having a bit of car trouble, we're just taking a look."

"Oh well there's a car shop down the road, I'm sure they have a tow truck?" Scott smiled at Jackson

"Yeah, you want a ride?" Stiles piped into the conversation.

Jackson nodded nervously, clambering into the car. He's so lucky we saved him.

Very very lucky.
_____________________
Update?