Chapter 16

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines. (sorry for the un-reated gif)

______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

I slowly, yet reluctantly, pealed my eyelids open. A white-bright-light blinding my once useful eyesight, causing me to squint them immensely. It wasn't until a few moments later my eyes decided to focus. And I soon realized, I was in the hospital.

I shifted my gaze to the left side of the room, Stiles totally passed out on the chair next to the hospital bed. His mouth slightly parted as well as his head resting on the palm of his hand. I sighed, turning my gaze back to the door, which was now halfway agape.

My mom standing there, smiling at me widely. Her hands both folded neatly in front of her as she fumbled with her fingernails. "I'm so glad your okay honey. Allison and Scott came over earlier. They said they hope you feel better."

I smiled back, licking my chapped lips that were in desperate need of some lip balm, or water for that matter, "Thanks, that's nice of them. How long has..." My voice trailed off as my eyes proceeded to land on Stiles.

My mother chuckled, "He hasn't left."

"He hasn't left?"

"Nope." My mom shook her head, then bringing her voice to a calm, hushed whisper; "I think he likes you."

I rose my eye brow questioningly as her and another nurse conversed quickly and quietly. My mother nodding her head in response, her eyes trailing back to me. "I have to go honey, but I'll check on you every second I get."

Yet again, my mother had left. I wasn't that upset. I mean, it wasn't anything completely new. But then again, that was her job, she had to make some sort of income to keep our house. Plus the other necessities required to live.

Right as the door slammed shut, Stiles' eyes shot open, flinging his body back into the sitting position as his eyes trailed to the hospital bed. "Melanie, oh my gosh, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I chuckled, "How long were you here?"

Even though I already knew the answer, I just wanted to see how the pale-boy would respond.

"Eh, not that long." Stiles lied horribly, using awkward hand motions in the process, which didn't help his case.

I shook my head, "I know you were here all night, Stilinski, why didn't you go home?"

He sighed, simply shrugging his shoulders, "I wanted to make sure you were okay."

I rolled my eyes, even though there was a large smile decorating my features. "Do you have any idea when I'll get out of here?"

Stiles set his elbows down on his knees, interwinding his fingers together, "I think they told me they'll let you out later today. But only if you're feeling okay. And when I say okay, I mean 100%, jumping off the walls, terrific."

"I feel fine, now get me out of here."

"Melanie. You have a huge gash in you're side-"

"Stiles." I cut him off, running a hand through my tousled brunette hair. "I saw something. And it wasn't a Mountain Lion."