Chapter 38

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.

gross this hasn't been edited, but the epilogue is next !!
______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

My eyes daringly peeled open, a slight gasp for air escaping my somewhat pale lips.

Where was I?

I was startled to witness several blinding bright lights, numerous white bland walls entering my vision as well.

It seemed I was at my least favorite place in the world, the hospital. And, the only reason I was able to figure this out so quickly was because I had been here more times than I could count. Due to the constant werewolf business I was involved in as well as my mother working here almost 24/7.

I winced as I propped myself up a bit on my sore elbows, me inwardly groaning as to how difficult that simple task was. I grimaced as Peter's disgustingly familiar face seeped into my foggy mind. I was almost able to reply the horrific scenario in my mind without even thinking twice about it. Again, not something I was specifically proud of.

I swallowed hesitantly, my fingertips finding their way to the hem of the hospital grown I was attired in. My mind attempting to not thing about how this had gotten into my once unconscious body. My palm gripping it tightly as I was about to take a glimpse at the damage that had been done. Or, in my case, the damage that should have been done, but most likely wasn't present.

There was one thing I was certain of, I did not want to become a werewolf. I had already seen all of the problems it had caused Scott, and I really wasn't looking forward to any of the trauma it was surely going to cause. Being something of the supernatural being didn't really appeal to me. I merely wanted to be myself, Melanie.

But, when the gown arose, a bloody bite still remain planted on my gnarled side. My breath simultaneously got caught in my throat, my eyes soon finding themselves staring at three to four terrifying looking machines looming over my somewhat paralyzed body.

I glanced outside the hospital window, noticing Stiles. In whom was slumped over about two or three hospital chairs. His head limply lying backwards, his eye lids glued closed as well.

The hospital door then spring agape, Mrs. McCalls sincere features coming into clear view.

"How are you doing?" Her voice pressed softly, a clipboard clutched in her left hand.

"Okay." I attempted to shrug away the throbbing pain. Excruciating being a good word to describe it, "Do you know where my mom is?"

I wanted to know where she was, because her not being here definitely worried me. She was always at the hospital, day and night. So, I was a bit suspicious as to why she wasn't present.

"Yes." Melissa paused for a moment, swallowing roughly, "She went back home to get some rest for a bit. She was a little worn down."

I nodded vaguely, it made sense. My mother was most likely up all night helping numerous patients. And, her getting sleep was nothing short of a necessity.

"Oh, alright. And. . .do you happen to know what day of the week it is?"

She smiled lightly. "Sunday. I'm actually very surprised you're awake this early."