Chapter 37

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.

______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

My eyes widened. Did Stiles just say what I thought he said. He liked me?

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. That's why he would always hold my hand, that's why I would always catch him staring, that's why he worried so much. It was all right in front of my face the whole time, but I was too caught up in the 'liking Lydia' theory that I barley thought about the fact of him maybe liking me. Well, I did. But briefly.

This was all I wanted. I merely wanted Stiles to like me like he liked Lydia. But the whole time, it was me. I was Stiles' crush. I was the one he liked. And I could not express the immense feeling of enjoyment in which began to overcome my features.

"What?"

I cringed at my words. That surly wasn't meant to come out like that. At the moment, Stiles probably assumed that I was baffled by his claim. To be completely honest, I was. But in the best way possible.

"Yeah." Stiles sighed, putting his hands to his head. The pale boy soon repeating the same word, in monotone, "Yeah."

"Stiles." I grinned widely, chuckling a bit out of complete and utter happiness. The amusement in my voice miraculously clear.

He just hung his head low, exhaling softly, "You probably think I'm a loser now, hm? Go ahead, say it. I just ruined our friendship, didn't I?"

I took a cautious step closer to him, placing my warm fingertips underneath his chin, all while I brought his head up to face me. Without a word, I connected our lips.

And I thought the butterflies were bad.

His body definitely tensed up, as did mine. But it didn't matter, because this moment, right here. It was amazing. And I don't think I would have ever imagined something like this occurring tonight, but I am incredibly happy that it did. Because, this moment right here, it's nothing short of a dream.

It's insane, Stiles and I. We've been labeled as just friends for so long, and yet here we are. All these crazy cliché feelings churning inside my stomach, about making my head spin and my knees weak. I wasn't exactly sure as to why it took so long for us to happen, but better late than never, right?

We pulled away quite hesitantly, it taking a moment or two before we both composed ourselves. My eyes carefully fluttering open, only to meet Stiles' honey ones. A large smile began arising from his lips, his teeth clambering into his lower lip out of pure enjoyment.

"You like me?" Stiles muttered, a soft chortle emitting from his deep pink lips.

I released a short laugh, "why is that such a surprise?"

"W—well because you're Melanie Mitchell."

I smirked, "And you're Stiles Stilinski," grinning, I planted my lips to his once again.

The beautiful sensation was back, and I wasn't able to withstand the smile as everything seemed to move in perfect sync. That was until, an eerie feeling began to creep up the back of my spine. The best moment I had ever encountered in my entire life, soon taking a somewhat twisted turn.

For some odd reason, I knew something was wrong.

My palm was timidly placed against Stiles' chest, in which soon broke the two of us apart. My eyes falling towards the floor, as I let them shut briefly. I wanted nothing more than to remain right here, but my dark thoughts continued to consume my happiness.