Chapter 9

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.
______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

The Lacrosse game had just, finally ended. And yes, Scott eventually did end up playing. And thankfully– not wolfing out. And to make matters even better, we had actually won.

Things were now actually going remotely okay, and I could only hope, pray even, that they would stay like that.

"Hey Stiles." I smiled, running over to one of my best friends, dodging multiple muscular teenage boys on the way there. "Scott did it!"

"I know!" Stiles grinned back, clearly excited. "But, I lost him."

"He's probably in the locker rooms, we should check." I stated, beginning to casually stroll away, but Stiles had suddenly clutched onto my hand. An odd sensation somewhat bubbling within the pit of my stomach.

"Wait, I kind of need to tell you something." He smiled nervously, "it's about Derek."

"Yeah?"

"He's out of jail–"

"What?" I cut him off, "Why?"

"Because, the medical examiner determined that an animal killed the girl, not Derek. And the girl killed was Laura Hale. Derek's sister."

"Oh my gosh, his sister?" I whispered, Stiles giving me an erratic nod, "Now we really need to find Scott."

We both made our way towards the dim locker room, about to turn the corner sharply, but caught Scott and Allison kissing quite passionately.

I bit my lip in order not to let out an amused chuckle, "Wait." I whispered to Stiles, pulling him back behind the wall so they wouldn't catch us creepily watching. "Look."

Stiles peeked around the corner hesitantly, catching sight of what I had obviously seen. Soon looking back at me with a quirked eyebrow. "Well, now we know Scott's okay."

"Defiantly." I giggled quietly, watching as Allison left the locker-room. Too much in her own little world to even acknowledge Stiles and I.

"I kissed her." Scott smiled widely once he saw us emerge from the doorway.

Stiles nodded with a small smile, obviously wanting to mention the whole Derek ordeal, "I saw that."

"She kissed me."

"Saw that too." I chuckled, Stiles and I exchanging a nervous glance.

We couldn't tell Scott about Derek, and we both knew that. I mean, Scott was finally happy. He had kissed the girl he likes and thankfully stayed in control. The only thing he doesn't need are Stiles and I dumping a truck load of bad news on him.

"I don't know how, but I controlled it. Maybe I can do this, maybe it's not that bad."

"Okay uh- then we'll talk later." I smiled a bit too suspiciously, Stiles lightly patting Scott's padded shoulder. The two of us then began scurrying out of the locker room, Scott not hesitating to latch onto Stiles' forearm.