Chapter 15

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF. Only Melanie and her plot lines.

I apologize for the extremely short chapter, I just felt that this was a good place to conclude chapter 15 :).

______________________________________________
________________
____________
________
____
_

As soon as the creature came it had gone. Launching itself through the huge window in which belonged to the movie store. Numerous shards of glass decorating the disheveled scene, Jackson and I attempting to shield ourselves from getting anymore hurt than we already were.

"What was that?" Jackson whispered cautiously, his hand connected to the back of his scratched neck.

"I have no idea." I lied carefully, wincing dramatically from the agonizing pain in my side.

•~•~•

"What is you're name?" Asked the parametric woman, clutching a clip board in her right hand.

I had been assisted out of the movie store, the gruesome memory not departing my mind as I was practically carried out. Currently seated in an ambulance, the cut in my side temporarily bandaged, preparing to be taken away to the hospital. But, before that, I was forced to answer a few necessary questions. Being that I seemed responsive.

I sighed, wanting to get whatever this was over with, "Melanie."

"Well Melanie, you're definitely going to need stitches." She explained to me, shooting me a slightly sympathetic look. But, obviously not all that upset, for she probably lived through this type of circumstance weekly. "And the blood flow is increasing, which means that you are going to need to go to the emergency room as soon as we can."

I nodded, my eyes glancing down to my previously grey shirt, which was now coated in red. Not only from my blood, but as well as collapsing into a pool of a works mans insides.

"Melanie, this is going to require minor surgery. And I promise when we say it's minor it's minor." She chuckled, attempting to lighten the darkened mood. "We need your parents contact information."

I nodded, giving her my mothers phone number as well as a place of work. Which conveniently was at the hospital, along with Scotts mother, Mrs. McCall.

Beginning to climb further into the ambulance, I heard a familiar voice. "Oh my god, Melanie?"

I turned my head around spastically to see the one and only Stiles Stilinski. His father questioning an extremely livid looking Jackson, all while the pale boy made a b-line to where I was located.

"Holy- are you okay. Oh my god, is she okay? Please tell me your okay." His eyes trailed to the blood on my shirt, his lips pursing into a thin line, shaking his head in worry, "Melanie..."

"I'm okay." I re assured him. "I just have to get a few stitches. I'm okay."

"She really needs to get to the emergency room." The parametric clarified, rushing her sentence as she smiled lightly, turning to me. "I'm really suppose to just let family in the ambulance, but I may be willing to make an exception. He can come if he'd like?"

Stiles nodded his head vigorously, "oh I'm coming," jumping into the ambulance without further hesitation. I was carefully hoisted up, forced to sit on a white stretcher that made me grimace. I hated hospitals. Ambulances now added to the list.

"Text your dad." I nodded to Stiles, swallowing noticeably as I attempted to block out the immense pain. "Tell him you're here."

Stiles nodded, yanking out his phone and tapping away at the touch screen. His eyes glancing upward to meet mine every few seconds.

"Is it alright if I ask a few questions?" Asked the paramedic. I simply nodded as her attention shifted towards her clip board, which she was gripping firmly between her manicured fingertips. "How did this happen?"

"One of the shelves." I paused, carefully stating my words. "One of the shelves fell on me in all the chaos."

"A shelf?" She clarified as I nodded. "Alright, and the wounds on the left side correct?"

I repeated my previous action, Stiles' knee bobbing up and down rapidly out of anticipation. His phone still clutched in between his palms.

"In case of an emergency, and your mother is not available. Who can we contact as a second parental guardian?"

I swallowed hard, shaking my head. "My mother is the only family I have."

"No grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins?"

My teeth clambered onto my lower lip, "None that we speak to. Or live here for that matter."

"Hey." Stiles spoke up, pointing towards the clipboard, "Put my dad as one."

I turned to him. "Your dad?"

"Yeah. You see him all the time. He's like your second father." Stiles smiled, shoving his phone in his back pocket.

I nodded, grinning slightly, "well okay then. Yeah."

Once she jotted down the new contact information, she set down her clip board and set an IV carefully in my right arm. "Alright Melanie, I'm going to give you a sedative that's is going to put you to sleep, alright? It will take away the majority of the pain you're feeling."

I just simply nodded. I wasn't going to lie, my side hurt worse than anything I've really ever experience before but, that's not what I was entirely focused on. I was more focused on what I had witnessed in the video store.

"One more question." She asked, inserting the clear fluid into my IV. "What did you see?"

I turned my head to Stiles, who was grabbing my hand and smiling lightly at me. The medicine already beginning to kick in, my eye lids becoming heavier and heavier as the world around me began to get a bit hazy.

I had heard of sedatives bringing out the truth throughout numerous people. The patient becoming so loopy and disoriented, they barley know what's emerging from their lips. I felt that it was a bit insensitive for the lady to be asking me such a drastic question, while I'm basically off prancing around on another planet. But, I also couldn't really blame her. Id be as curious and nosey as the next person.

I attempted to think of a believable lie, and it was harder than you would think. I mean, I was basically half conscious at the moment.

"A mountain lion." I lied, smiling to myself proudly. I probably looked like an idiot, grinning like a five year old on Christmas morning. But, it was whatever. At least I didn't un-voluntarily mutter the word werewolf.

Stiles cocked an eye brow. "That's what you saw? A mountain lion?"

"Mountain lion." I concluded, letting my eyelids close, "mountain lion."
_______________________
Update?